The Student Room Group

Gap medic work experience

I want to study Midwifery at uni (about to start my second year of sixth form) but I'm thinking of taking a gap year and doing a four week placement in Thailand with Gap Medic. Has anyone been with them? Are they good? Is anyone thinking of going with them? If you haven't heard of them check them out, they provide Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing work experience too!
Hiya I just got back from 2 weeks in tanzania with gap medics doing pre med. I had the best two weeks of my life! And said the hardest goodbyes I've ever had to say :frown: I would absolutely recommend going to thailand with them, the people doing midwifery when I was there saw so many natural and Caesarian births and got fairly hands on doing examinations and looking after the newborns. Not only that but you'll have a brilliant time with the people you meet out there, I promise you won't want to leave! I know it's a lot of money but it was worth every penny and more for me.
Reply 2
Ah thank you! All i needed was someone to recommend it for me! I really want some hands on work experience too so that's brilliant. I'm glad you had a wonderful time :smile: I will start saving up now haha, thanks again :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest