The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ha wow, you're going to pretend like you didn't know what I meant? You pick at the arguments of others without defending any of the points you have made
Original post by KingBradly
Just wondering, which religion is currently leaving a path of slaughtered men, women and children across the middle east? Is it Buddhist terror groups who are murdering entire towns? Is it Hindus who are raping women and killing them? Are Sikhs calling for the death of the Jews? Are Christians beheading journalists and calling for the destruction of the West?

Which religion currently has denominations and sects which are violently at war with one another?

Can you name another religion with such formidable and dangerous organizations as ISIS/ISIL, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, Hezbollah, Taliban, Hamas, Abdullah Azzam Brigades, and Army of Islam?

Of which religion are the countries of the Middle East and Africa where adulterers and gays are stoned to death, and women are treated as subordinate?

Let's stop pretending. Islam and the cultures that surround it are simply incompatible with this modern world.

[video="youtube;3V9XxxDs3kI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9XxxDs3kI[/video]

It's us or them.

Myanmar: Buddhist group attacks Muslims

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/1/17/myanmar-mob-killsmorethanadozenmuslims.html

"More than a dozen people may have been killed after a Buddhist group rampaged through a town in an isolated corner of Myanmar, hacking Muslim women and children with knives"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22356306

"Buddhist mobs attacked mosques and burned more than 70 homes in Oakkan, north of Rangoon, after a Muslim girl on a bicycle collided with a monk. One person died and nine were injured."
Original post by 08jogon
Ha wow, you're going to pretend like you didn't know what I meant? You pick at the arguments of others without defending any of the points you have made

Do you know how this works? People have responded to me and I have responded to them. Defending my views without prompting would be a little odd. Your post is the kind I would expect from someone not older than 12.
Also, just because those in the West wear suits, does not mean they are any less innocent of slaughtering men, women and children.
Reply 24
Original post by pane123
Do you know how this works? People have responded to me and I have responded to them. Defending my views without prompting would be a little odd. Your post is the kind I would expect from someone not older than 12.

Then could please defend why you are still blindingly racist when you have no reason or valid evidence to be so?
Original post by 08jogon
Then could please defend why you are still blindingly racist when you have no reason or valid evidence to be so?

I'm not even remotely racist and you have no evidence to suggest that I am.
Reply 26
Original post by pane123
Ouch, you sure got me there. I haven't said anything bordering on racist, I have simply expressed my dislike of a medieval ideology.

You said Muslims were a "cancer to society". If that's not racism, then what is?
Original post by 08jogon

Do you know what 'racist' means?

From your use of it in this thread I'm guessing not.
Reply 28
Original post by pane123
Ouch, you sure got me there. I haven't said anything bordering on racist, I have simply expressed my dislike of a medieval ideology.

You don't regard 'us or them' as racist? That sounds like something Bush would have said
Original post by pane123
Incredible reading. Homosexuals are in the minority so Muslims have every right to hate them. Is that your stance?

Absurd.

Woah woah woah, where on earth did you pull that out from?! I was saying how does integrating have anything to do with whether someone thinks homosexuality is right or not. Personally I believe homosecuality is wrong but do I hate the person? no. Do I hate the act? yes. What I am saying is islam is also a minority in this country so does that mean anyone who comes into this country has to love muslims to integrate? or course not, you're absolutely ridiculous.
Reply 30
Original post by Drewski
Do you know what 'racist' means?

From your use of it in this thread I'm guessing not.

Original post by Kandyan
You said Muslims were a "cancer to society". If that's not racism, then what is?

not racist AT ALL
Original post by pane123

Dude... by resorting to that argument, you have just lost what little credibility you had in the first place.

And yes, you are racist, even by strict technical definitions.
Original post by 08jogon
not racist AT ALL

It's not.

It's islamophobic, sure, but it has nothing to do with race. Anybody of any cultural or ethnic background can follow Islam. You can be a white muslim, a black muslim, an asian muslim... it has nothing to do with race, so stop conflating the issue.

You make your arguments utterly worthless when you get your points wrong.
Reply 33
rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
noun: racism

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I didn't hear him calling us the heart disease of the world

Original post by Telecaster Steak
Dude... by resorting to that argument, you have just lost what little credibility you had in the first place.

And yes, you are racist, even by strict technical definitions.

It was a ridiculous post which made little sense and was extremely childlike.

I am getting tired of saying I'm not racist.
Original post by 08jogon
rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
noun: racism

[*]the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

[*]prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I didn't hear him calling us the heart disease of the world

Islam is not a race.
Original post by Drewski
Islam is not a race.

Is that really the most important point you've pulled out of this thread? You're just going to nitpick over semantics?
Original post by 08jogon
Your race is subjective you douche

It really isn't. It's an empirical fact.

And even if it weren't, that still doesn't begin to cover the fact that religions aren't races.
Original post by India4everx
Buddhist groups

Bodu Bala Sena (BBS)

They have an organisation BBS (bodu bala sena) made up of Buddhist monks and lay Buddhists who attack Christian Churches, Hindu Kovils, Muslim Mosques in Sri Lanka. They are responsible for the murder and rapes of many Christians, Muslims & Hindus as well.See their mentality... What they really need is to make sri lanka 100% Buddhist by killing every one else... They publicly say that Sri Lanka belong only yo Buddhists.. They want a Saudi Arabia version of Sri Lanka ...

Soka Gakkai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soka_Gakkai

and many more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_violence

Yes, they are a disgrace. Yes, they are an embarrassment. And what a truly-practicing Buddhist does is to not approve.

You can call bodubala sena a terrorist groups but the real thing is internet Is not always right !
Those things on the Internet is not the truth it was written by haters of bodubalasena
Original post by Telecaster Steak
Is that really the most important point you've pulled out of this thread? You're just going to nitpick over semantics?

If people don't understand the meaning of a fairly simple word then I doubt they have much to offer in a coherent debate.

Not that this thread was ever likely to develop into a coherent debate, too many nutters on this site to let that happen.

Latest

Trending

Trending