The Student Room Group

Kallisto's Saturday Question: Foreign Country or World Trip?

This poll is closed

Would you rather do a world trip or to live in a foreign country for a whole year?

World Trip! 44%
Foreign Country!56%
Total votes: 9
This Saturday I have a special poll for you, guys!

Imagine that you have the choice to do a world trip through all the countries in the world or to life in a certain country of your own selection to see and meet people in a different environment. All these two things would last for a whole year!

Some added questions:

What would be your choice and why?

Is there a group or community of people you would like to learn (monks, natives, etc.)?

Which country is a no-go area for yourself?
World trip. Better to visit multiple countries

Is there a group or community of people you would like to learn (monks, natives, etc.)?
I am open to meeting any community as long as it is safe.

None.
Reply 3
Original post by Kallisto

Imagine that you have the choice to do a world trip through all the countries in the world or to life in a certain country of your own selection to see and meet people in a different environment. All these two things would last for a whole year!

Some added questions:

What would be your choice and why? World Trip. Ive done a couple of cruises and visited quite a few countries in one holiday, and going to Australia and New zealand next week!

Is there a group or community of people you would like to learn (monks, natives, etc.)? Im going to see the maori's so thats going to be fun. I plan to go to Japan and I love the culture there so will be on my to do list.

Which country is a no-go area for yourself? North Korea. Any where its a bit dodgy like some places where you could get kidnapped
Original post by Wired_1800
World trip. Better to visit multiple countries

I am open to meeting any community as long as it is safe.

None.

World trip fine and dandy. But don't you think that you have not enough time to meet and learn so many countries within a year? is it not better to be fixed to one country?
World trip fine and dandy. But don't you think that you have not enough time to meet and learn so many countries within a year? is it not better to be fixed to one country?
I think that’s the excitement of the experience.
World trip. I love travelling.

Just like Wired_1800, I am open to meeting any community as long as it is safe.

Anywhere unsafe.
Original post by 5hyl33n
World trip. I love travelling.

(...)

Looks like that I am the only one here in this poll who would rather like to live in a region of a country for a year to learn possibly new attitudes and views on life and society to change my awareness for life, Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?
Looks like that I am the only one here in this poll who would rather like to live in a region of a country for a year to learn possibly new attitudes and views on life and society to change my awareness for life, Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

Not at all. Where would you go for a year? :curious:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Not at all. Where would you go for a year? :curious:

Maybe in a buddhist monastery to learn how to have a happy and a fulfilled life with a modest lifestyle. Would be in Thailand or Japan. Never have had similar thoughts for yourself?

Some added questions:

Id go on a world trip.
There are too many places i want to go and see to stay in one place.
Reply 11
I'd sooner do one place for a year and immerse myself fully. I've done it before and I would love to do it again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending