The Student Room Group

science

when would you usually do a science test in year 9/10?
(the start of gcse courses)
Reply 1
Sorry I think you need to add a little more detail not 100% what you are asking
If you're doing double science, you'll do 2 exams at the end of year 10 which will give you one mark for Science A/ core science I think, then you'll do 2 exams at the end of year 11 which will then give you one grade overall in additional science, if you're doing triple I think you do 3 biology exams, 3 chemistry exams and 3 physics exams at the end of year 11, I hope that answers you're question didn't really understand what you were getting at but yeah :smile:
Well.. this is ment to be the structure.

The school would pick who is the brightest (people who focus on studying at beginning of year 9) to get them to do GCSE Single Award, then if they get C or above in year 9 they go to double science the year after get CC then go into Triple Science and whatever you get would depend on what you do in the future, if you get all A*s in all then your auto-accepted in any A-Level Science course.
Reply 4
Original post by rubycrystal
when would you usually do a science test in year 9/10?
(the start of gcse courses)

I suggest you ask your science teachers for what you will do.

What schools do depends on the exam board they pick and the individual policy of the school. Any 'normal pattern' people tell you is what their school does and may bear no relation to yours. (For instance at my school everyone does 3 separate sciences. They take no external exams until they all take 9 exams at the end of Year 11 but I know that is relatively unusual).
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest