The Student Room Group

Unsure what to do after year 11

I am currently taking computer science and combined science for GCSEs and am quite good at computer science, as I want to do something with it for my career. However, there are no schools near me that do computer science, and the closest one will most likely have very high grade requirements as I am out of the catchment zone. Does anybody know what I should do?
Original post by dmitriyy
I am currently taking computer science and combined science for GCSEs and am quite good at computer science, as I want to do something with it for my career. However, there are no schools near me that do computer science, and the closest one will most likely have very high grade requirements as I am out of the catchment zone. Does anybody know what I should do?

If you are unable to do computer science A Level for a computer science degree: some universities allow you to do computer science degree without taking A Level computer science.
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/ugstudy/courses/UG/Computer-Science-BSc-Hons-U6UCMPSC.html
‘A*AA (AAA if you have an A in computer science/computing)’
Alternatively, do a foundation year computer science degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending