The Student Room Group

Suits vs White Collar

If you're gonna pick, watch both shows, please don't be someone who has watched one of them only and then picks that one, if you like Suits, I think you might like White Collar, btw the FBI guy on white collar was in the friends episode where Rachel was gonna give birth, let's see if you friends fans know who!
Reply 1
White collar.
Reply 2
Which show would you go for?

I think I prefer Suits because of its versatility compared to white collar. White collar feels somewhat limited when it comes to the way relationships are portrayed. Scenes are generally quite "upbeat" and even in tense situations the tone changes pretty quick whereas I'd like it to feel that tension, those emotions longer.

On the other hand with Suits has the right mix of wit and seriousness as well as various aspects of relationships acted out brilliantly - the audience goes through various emotions with the characters themselves but I didn't feel this as much in white collar.

I think the characters in white collar are a lot less developed for example Neal goes through all this stuff yet he doesn't get down for too long and stays his smiley self. Or at that point where Neil finds 'Sam' gone and gets angry at Peter they go back to normal quite quickly which made it kinda boring. I prefer Harvey and Mike's dramatic arguments :tongue:

(Though I'm basing this on Suits season one...it did go downhill and I don't know which I prefer if I consider everything lol )
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
White collar because it knows what it is and is comfortable being what it is, your typical fun USA-network blue sky show. I love tuning in to hear Muzzies snappy quotes. Always been fun to watch, never disappointed me.

Suits started out so great but because of the way it was hyped (8.8 on IMDB by 150000 people for goodness sake) it forget what it wanted to be. It half-heatedly wanted to be this serious prestige drama (looking at season 3) yet failed. And now it's full of too much interpersonal ****, the worst thing is Mike is going to definitely go back to Rachel and they are going to have a on/offs relationship. And the whole Mike secret thing is becoming far too boring and predictable, when you drag something out for so long it loses its touch. I really thought for a minute that this show might redeem itself with the way it flipped things in beginning of season four but nope quickly returned to the status quo and become a ****ty legal procedural.

I might have rated Suits better if I didn't have such high expectations for it which were inevitably shattered. Also, if you watch a actual prestige legal drama e.g. The good wife then Suits just starts to look like a joke.
Reply 4
I could watch Matt Bomer all day long, no homo.
Reply 5
Original post by RtGOAT
I could watch Matt Bomer all day long, no homo.

I can't believe he's gay lol
Reply 6
Original post by Tpos
I can't believe he's gay lol

I know right. I literally crushed my dreams ;(. The good looking ones always end up gay.
Reply 7
Defo White Collar
Reply 8
Actually despite what I said I'm looking forward to new episodes of WC more than Suits. I guess at times I just want it to be a little more serious but it's an easy, enjoyable show to watch.

Original post by bahonsi
I know right. I literally crushed my dreams ;(. The good looking ones always end up gay.

Tbf it doesn't affect us if he's gay :tongue: :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest