The Student Room Group

Reapply with same personal statement?

hello,

i missed my offer last year for an engineering course and I am reapplying again this year. After contacting my UCL department I was told that i would have to "change up my personal statement" so that it wouldn't be flagged up and removed automatically(i think the software is called "TURNITIN") however on the webiste it said it is only used for current students?!!!!....

I called UCAS, and they said "you can use the same one, our system will put 2 and 2 together and you will be fine as we will tell the universities.

Now obviously i have made tweaks here and there, but my personal statement is practically the same as last years... Im not sure what to do, should I just send it???... im versy confused and I was really happy with my personal statement last time...HELPPPPPP
Original post by Alpha 3
hello,

i missed my offer last year for an engineering course and I am reapplying again this year. After contacting my UCL department I was told that i would have to "change up my personal statement" so that it wouldn't be flagged up and removed automatically(i think the software is called "TURNITIN") however on the webiste it said it is only used for current students?!!!!....

I called UCAS, and they said "you can use the same one, our system will put 2 and 2 together and you will be fine as we will tell the universities.

Now obviously i have made tweaks here and there, but my personal statement is practically the same as last years... Im not sure what to do, should I just send it???... im versy confused and I was really happy with my personal statement last time...HELPPPPPP

I feel exactly the same as you! :/ I changed mine but some lines I want to keep , but so unsure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lozasaurus99
I feel exactly the same as you! :/ I changed mine but some lines I want to keep , but so unsure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

some lines:eek:....

i wanna keep literally the whole thing:mad:...

such a difficult situation.. have you contacted the unis?
Original post by Alpha 3
some lines:eek:....

i wanna keep literally the whole thing:mad:...

such a difficult situation.. have you contacted the unis?

No it's better to contact ucas! !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest