The Student Room Group

Reapplying to Uni

Hi,

Im reapplying to uni this year, i did my alevels 2023. If i use the same ucas account as i did this time around will i still need to ask for a reference from my sixth form? I am also applying for a different course. But will i still be allowed to use parts of my old ps.
Original post by Se_dmrc
Hi,

Im reapplying to uni this year, i did my alevels 2023. If i use the same ucas account as i did this time around will i still need to ask for a reference from my sixth form? I am also applying for a different course. But will i still be allowed to use parts of my old ps.

Hi @Se_dmrc

If you are applying to UCAS again you can use your old account. However, you will need to make a new application for 2024/25 entry and unfortunately pay another fee.

Because you have made a new application it will ask you whether you are applying independently or coming from a school. It is important you choose the independent option because if you don’t it will then ask you for a personal statement number, which you won’t have because you’re not coming straight from school. It just saves a lot of confusion!

As for your reference, it can be from your previous school but it doesn’t have to be. You can ask an employer who knows you well or any professional you have worked with. If you are unsure about who would be an acceptable reference then visit the UCAS website.

I would suggest updating your personal statement, especially if you are applying for a different course because they will look for different skills and experiences. But there is nothing wrong with submitting the same personal statement if you want to do that because UCAS do not compare your personal statement with previous applications you have made, therefore it won’t be flagged as plagiarism!

I hope this is helpful, don’t just take my word for it, the UCAS website answers all of these questions too so definitely have a look on there.

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Se_dmrc

If you are applying to UCAS again you can use your old account. However, you will need to make a new application for 2024/25 entry and unfortunately pay another fee.

Because you have made a new application it will ask you whether you are applying independently or coming from a school. It is important you choose the independent option because if you don’t it will then ask you for a personal statement number, which you won’t have because you’re not coming straight from school. It just saves a lot of confusion!

As for your reference, it can be from your previous school but it doesn’t have to be. You can ask an employer who knows you well or any professional you have worked with. If you are unsure about who would be an acceptable reference then visit the UCAS website.

I would suggest updating your personal statement, especially if you are applying for a different course because they will look for different skills and experiences. But there is nothing wrong with submitting the same personal statement if you want to do that because UCAS do not compare your personal statement with previous applications you have made, therefore it won’t be flagged as plagiarism!

I hope this is helpful, don’t just take my word for it, the UCAS website answers all of these questions too so definitely have a look on there.

Anastasia
BCU Student Rep

That was very helpful. Thanks alot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending