The Student Room Group

what do i do :(

I missed both my firm and insurance offers - appealing but i have to take a gap year but yeahhh have to rewrite my personal statement and im just so lost :frown: on what to write and what to do for the next year.
ive disappointed everyone and mysekf but i need to make the most of this
Original post by Bingobangobongo9
I missed both my firm and insurance offers - appealing but i have to take a gap year but yeahhh have to rewrite my personal statement and im just so lost :frown: on what to write and what to do for the next year.
ive disappointed everyone and mysekf but i need to make the most of this

Have you taken a look at what courses / unis are in Clearing that might suit you grades? Does nothing appeal?

BTW, is the gap year so you can retake your A levels? Or will you simply re-apply to different unis this time around (now that you have actual, rather than predicted, grades)?
Original post by DataVenia
Have you taken a look at what courses / unis are in Clearing that might suit you grades? Does nothing appeal?

BTW, is the gap year so you can retake your A levels? Or will you simply re-apply to different unis this time around (now that you have actual, rather than predicted, grades)?

to reapply - depending on the reappeal i may have a uni spot but idk what ill do until then :frown:
clearing is also a bust unfortunately and i've taken a long look - and i dont wanna sink so much time and money into something on a whim that doesnt fully align with what i need/want and then theres always the trouble of accomodation :s-smilie:
Reply 3
to reapply - depending on the reappeal i may have a uni spot but idk what ill do until then :frown:
clearing is also a bust unfortunately and i've taken a long look - and i dont wanna sink so much time and money into something on a whim that doesnt fully align with what i need/want and then theres always the trouble of accomodation :s-smilie:

if you're deadset on wanting to reapply for next year, you could maybe try to find work and save up for uni? there is also the option of taking on some extra-curricular activities to strengthen your application for next year. i also missed out on my firm and insurance this year, as did a lot of people! there are always options :<

OK. Understood.

One of the comments in your original post was "but yeahhh have to rewrite my personal statement and im just so lost". Is that because you'd be changing the course for which you'd be applying? If you were thinking of re-writing it to avoid tripping-up on any plagiarism checks, then there's no need. UCAS know it's you (unless you've changed your name!). See this FAQ:

"I applied last year and I want to use my old statement is this OK?

It’s OK to reuse your previous statement if you have applied before. However, if you are now applying in a different name, make sure you fill in the ‘Previous Name’ box when completing your application. We will then know it’s you when we process your personal statement."

It sounds like you've likely requested a Priority Review of Marking in the hope of getting into your firm or insurance uni. Good luck. :crossedf:
Original post by ramy2004
if you're deadset on wanting to reapply for next year, you could maybe try to find work and save up for uni? there is also the option of taking on some extra-curricular activities to strengthen your application for next year. i also missed out on my firm and insurance this year, as did a lot of people! there are always options :<

thank you - results came as a real shock and im kinda left floundering
Original post by DataVenia
OK. Understood.

One of the comments in your original post was "but yeahhh have to rewrite my personal statement and im just so lost". Is that because you'd be changing the course for which you'd be applying? If you were thinking of re-writing it to avoid tripping-up on any plagiarism checks, then there's no need. UCAS know it's you (unless you've changed your name!). See this FAQ:

"I applied last year and I want to use my old statement is this OK?

It’s OK to reuse your previous statement if you have applied before. However, if you are now applying in a different name, make sure you fill in the ‘Previous Name’ box when completing your application. We will then know it’s you when we process your personal statement."

It sounds like you've likely requested a Priority Review of Marking in the hope of getting into your firm or insurance uni. Good luck. :crossedf:

applying to same course under same name and stuff
wont i need to explain what im going in my gap year ?
applying to same course under same name and stuff
wont i need to explain what im going in my gap year ?

Sure. A few sentences or a short paragraph near the end of your application outlining your plans would make sense.

But that shouldn't mean a complete re-write of the whole personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending