The Student Room Group

Do I need to do LPC personal statement if I have a training contract offer?

It says 10,000 characters but I'm pretty busy with uni work and don't want to write much.
If I say "I'm x at x university and will start a training contract with x in 2016. x is funding my training contract", is there any chance of getting turned down? Or does University of Law not really turn people down?
I can't imagine they would do! Just cobble something short together that goes a little bit further towards being a PS and I am sure you will be fine - it wouldn't need to be 10,000 words long - I am sure 500 would do - can't you cut and paste it from your TC apps? Congrats on TC - do you only have to pass the LPC? You TC in the bag people have it easy!

Original post by fridgebridge
It says 10,000 characters but I'm pretty busy with uni work and don't want to write much.
If I say "I'm x at x university and will start a training contract with x in 2016. x is funding my training contract", is there any chance of getting turned down? Or does University of Law not really turn people down?
I think I wrote about a paragraph. I didn't apply to CoL though
Reply 3
I pretty much copy and pasted my standard cover letter, obviously taking out the bit where I talked about why I wanted to join X firm and substituting in why I wanted to study at the particular location. It's a formality more than anything, they just want your (or the firm's) money!
Reply 4
Original post by fridgebridge

I didn't write one. Was absolutely fine.
Reply 5
Cut and paste from TC app. It is not at all hard to get into the University of Law, certainly not if you have guaranteed funding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending