The Student Room Group

Which has a better reputation? Nottingham or Bath?

hey...Im an international student and I basically judge the reputation of the university on univeristy league tables. But it seems that different university assesses on different criterias. I have offers from Nottingham and Bath for Architecture. Nottingham topped the Architecture table but Bath is only 2 places down. However, Bath ranks 5th overall. Most ppl say both universities are pretty good and about the same. Of the two, which has a better reputation???
Reply 1
C J
hey...Im an international student and I basically judge the reputation of the university on univeristy league tables. But it seems that different university assesses on different criterias. I have offers from Nottingham and Bath for Architecture. Nottingham topped the Architecture table but Bath is only 2 places down. However, Bath ranks 5th overall. Most ppl say both universities are pretty good and about the same. Of the two, which has a better reputation???

first of all whether a uni is right for you and will get you a good degree does not depend on league tables. anywhere in the top 30 are all well respected unis. both bath and nottingham are great places to go to. bear in mind that league tabes change every year, and just becuase one place is top now it might not be when you graduate. to be honest you can't go wrong with either bath or nottingham. i'm off to bath to do psychology and can't wait, the campus is great and the city is really beautiful (probably with the best architecture by far). i imagine nottingham would be a lot larger, bath is only a smallish uni where as nottingham is huge. think about what you want to get out of your time at uni and decide on the basis of that.
Reply 2
C J
OP
thanks for the reply. I was fortunate enough to be able to visit Bath during the Easter and the town is really really beautiful but kinda lacks entertainment. I already got my mind set on Bath but wanted some oppinions from different ppl. Thanks anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending