The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Hatfield or Collingwood?

Hi, I'm applying to durham and can't quite decide what college to go for. I think I've narrowed it down to hatfield and Collingwood. What do people think?

I really like the exterior of hatfield but apparently their bar is rubbish? Also how rah is it really? I mean, I go to a private school but it's by no means an eton or a harrow, is it full of those types or is it more of a mix? What are the chances of getting stuck in the hatfield site across the bridge for a fresher as well? And finally, with regards to hatfield what's the sporting opportunities like? I'm big time into my cricket so was wondering what their sides and socials are like?

Collingwood doesn't, I don't think, look anywhere near as nice as hatfield in terms of exterior, but has better facilities??? Also I hear they're by no means rah rah? They're also good for sport right?

Please give me any advice you can, would be great if it was impartial :wink: thanks
I'm at Durham, am in Collingwood. I like it because they leave you alone if you want them to and you don't have to wear gowns to anything they do. It's also one of the bigger ones.

Basically: it's entirely up to you. It depends on what you're looking for in a college. Have a look at their websites.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
There's a college quiz on Durham's website, here. See if either of them come up.

I think you will find that neither has the reputation for having the most 'rah' types as you mention, although you will soon realise that the majority of public school educated students are no different, and see themselves no differently, to yourself. At every College, there will be exceptions, but this is not something to be particularly worried about.

Quick Reply

Latest