The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Uni

How are the people at Durham uni are they inclusive?

How is the nightlife there as well?
And what is the best colleges to stay at?
Durham is known for how un-inclusive it is, but in my experience it really depends on who you hang with
Nightlife is decent, the different college bars all have their charm, and I've been on tons of bar crawls. Not sure how it compares to other unis though
Colleges depend on what you want. But I can tell you the worst one Hild Bede, the location is bad (20 minutes from main site and isolated from all other colleges) and the rooms are not nice either. If you like more traditional ones, Hatfield and castle are good but good luck getting in. If you want to cook for yourself (non-catered) I recommend John Snow. If you want to be closer to the science site, I recommend Collingwood, Grey or St Mary.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Durham is known for how un-inclusive it is, but in my experience it really depends on who you hang with
Nightlife is decent, the different college bars all have their charm, and I've been on tons of bar crawls. Not sure how it compares to other unis though
Colleges depend on what you want. But I can tell you the worst one Hild Bede, the location is bad (20 minutes from main site and isolated from all other colleges) and the rooms are not nice either. If you like more traditional ones, Hatfield and castle are good but good luck getting in. If you want to cook for yourself (non-catered) I recommend John Snow. If you want to be closer to the science site, I recommend Collingwood, Grey or St Mary.
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest