Now your turn!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IAmEchelon
Haven't seen a thread for this years applicants yet, so I thought of start one

I applied for psychology and received a conditional offer of 320 UCAS points

Now your turn!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for Psychology too! But I'm choosing between Lincoln and Portsmouth as my fifth choice. What made you decide to apply for Lincoln? :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Emily.97
I'm applying for Psychology too! But I'm choosing between Lincoln and Portsmouth as my fifth choice. What made you decide to apply for Lincoln? :smile:

I considered Portsmouth too!

What made me consider Lincoln was it was much closer to home, I liked the look of the accommodation wayyyy better(all on one site, no risk of you being miles away from campus) higher on league tables and when I visited in the open day I completely fell in love with Lincoln

What's putting you off applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I considered Portsmouth too!

What made me consider Lincoln was it was much closer to home, I liked the look of the accommodation wayyyy better(all on one site, no risk of you being miles away from campus) higher on league tables and when I visited in the open day I completely fell in love with Lincoln

What's putting you off applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fantastic! That's really helpful to know actually cause I haven't been able to attend the open days. I didn't realise accommodation was all on one campus! It does seem like a gorgeous place.

Well.. I'm choosing between Lincoln and Portsmouth. But because I feel I only know so much about them, and I'm having difficulties really pin pointing differences between them. Portsmouth has a placement year which is really useful.. But I'm drawn to Lincoln for some reason. Hopefully i can visit them if I get offers.

So have you picked Portsmouth as one of your choices?
Reply 4
Fantastic! That's really helpful to know actually cause I haven't been able to attend the open days. I didn't realise accommodation was all on one campus! It does seem like a gorgeous place.

Well.. I'm choosing between Lincoln and Portsmouth. But because I feel I only know so much about them, and I'm having difficulties really pin pointing differences between them. Portsmouth has a placement year which is really useful.. But I'm drawn to Lincoln for some reason. Hopefully i can visit them if I get offers.

So have you picked Portsmouth as one of your choices?

It really was gorgeous! All the buildings were modern, or had been refurbished like the library and the engine shed! On one side of the canal is the uni and on the other is restaurants like Nandos, Costa, Wagamamas, an Oden just all stuff like that, it's literally over the road form what I assume the town centre is

Any questions you have about Lincoln I'll do my best to answer

And noo, I applied for Lincoln, Birmingham, Aston, Newcastle and Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
It really was gorgeous! All the buildings were modern, or had been refurbished like the library and the engine shed! On one side of the canal is the uni and on the other is restaurants like Nandos, Costa, Wagamamas, an Oden just all stuff like that, it's literally over the road form what I assume the town centre is

Any questions you have about Lincoln I'll do my best to answer

And noo, I applied for Lincoln, Birmingham, Aston, Newcastle and Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll PM you later about this, bare with me! :smile:
Reply 6
I'll PM you later about this, bare with me! :smile:

Cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from Lincoln for Biomedical Science. Has anyone else applied for biomed and got an offer?
Hiya, I've received a offer for adult nursing. What accommodation are you all looking at?
Reply 9
Original post by kateashleigh
Hiya, I've received a offer for adult nursing. What accommodation are you all looking at?

The on campus one, forgot what it's called

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for Conservation and Restoration! Anyone else?? :-)
I've applied for Psychology too and received an offer :-) I've also applied for Psychology with Forensic Psychology but can't decide which one to do. Fell in love with Lincoln so fingers crossed I will get the grades!
Reply 12
Original post by lorenmariex
I've applied for Psychology too and received an offer :-) I've also applied for Psychology with Forensic Psychology but can't decide which one to do. Fell in love with Lincoln so fingers crossed I will get the grades!

Is it your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :-)
Hi everyone,

Thanks for considering Lincoln! Just wanted to tell you about the 2015 Applicants FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/uolapplicants2015

We'll be updating it with handy hints, tips and key dates to watch out for as the year goes on!

Thanks,

Georgia

(Social Media Officer & Lincoln Journalism graduate)
(edited 9 years ago)
Haven't seen a thread for this years applicants yet, so I thought of start one

I applied for psychology and received a conditional offer of 320 UCAS points

Now your turn!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got a conditional for Psychology as well! Only applied yesterday can believe how quick they were! Excited!! Love the city and the uni seems awesome :smile::smile:
Reply 16
Original post by mariatomasini
Just got a conditional for Psychology as well! Only applied yesterday can believe how quick they were! Excited!! Love the city and the uni seems awesome :smile::smile:

So quick compared to all the other unis I think!
Is it your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So quick compared to all the other unis I think!
Is it your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will definitely accept the offer, either as firm or insurance. Still waiting to hear from my other choices, if York or Birmingham make me an offer, I will probably put it down as my insurance. Will be happy either way as I loved Lincoln that much. I hate having to wait for them to decide, been checking ucas track literally every 20 minutes lol
Is it your firm?
Reply 18
Original post by mariatomasini
I will definitely accept the offer, either as firm or insurance. Still waiting to hear from my other choices, if York or Birmingham make me an offer, I will probably put it down as my insurance. Will be happy either way as I loved Lincoln that much. I hate having to wait for them to decide, been checking ucas track literally every 20 minutes lol
Is it your firm?

Ahhh! Fingers crossed for you
No, my firm is Birmingham, I think Lincoln will be my insurance offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh! Fingers crossed for you
No, my firm is Birmingham, I think Lincoln will be my insurance offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got an offer from Birmingham? I really want to go there but they haven't said anything yet, only applied a few days ago though, I am so impatient hahaha
Lincoln is lovely though, although it is not considered as prestigious as Birmingham I would not mind going there either! So happy I got an offer :smile:

Quick Reply