The Student Room Group

applying for biomedical science

hi everyone! i really want to apply for biomedical science, but i am afraid that my predicted grades are not good enough. i know, using criteria/checkers from the unis i want to apply to, i am eligible for some contextual offers.

i currently have the grades a (biology), a (religious studies) and c (chemistry).

i can increase my grade in biology to an a* if i ask my teachers.

what should i do? and can i still apply? or should i apply for a foundation year instead?
(edited 6 months ago)
It depends. Which unis are you planning to apply to?
Reply 2
Original post by sleep_supremacy
It depends. Which unis are you planning to apply to?

i currently have my eyes on manchester, lincoln, edinburgh and newcastle.
Original post by sarahbery
i currently have my eyes on manchester, lincoln, edinburgh and newcastle.

Check the requirements for each uni on their course details page. See if your predicted grades match what they are asking for.
hi everyone! i really want to apply for biomedical science, but i am afraid that my predicted grades are not good enough. i know, using criteria/checkers from the unis i want to apply to, i am eligible for some contextual offers.

i currently have the grades a (biology), a (religious studies) and c (chemistry).

i can increase my grade in biology to an a* if i ask my teachers.

what should i do? and can i still apply? or should i apply for a foundation year instead?

Hey @sarahbery 👋

I study applied biomedical science at Essex and just started my NHS placement year.

Get in touch with the admissions departments of the universities you're interested in as they will have the most up to date guidance on entry requirements. These could be slightly lower than published entry requirements so it's worth asking.

You can also apply for the foundation year course and the standard course at the same time. This is what I did as I wasn't sure how it would go, and was accepted for both. Doing this does narrow down your choices as you can only make five applications so I applied for two universities doing this, using up four applications.

Best of luck in what you choose to do!
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Reply 5
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hey @sarahbery 👋

I study applied biomedical science at Essex and just started my NHS placement year.

Get in touch with the admissions departments of the universities you're interested in as they will have the most up to date guidance on entry requirements. These could be slightly lower than published entry requirements so it's worth asking.

You can also apply for the foundation year course and the standard course at the same time. This is what I did as I wasn't sure how it would go, and was accepted for both. Doing this does narrow down your choices as you can only make five applications so I applied for two universities doing this, using up four applications.

Best of luck in what you choose to do!

thank you so much for sharing your experience, i really appreciate it!
thank you so much for sharing your experience, i really appreciate it!

You're welcome!

Let me know if you have any questions about biomed. I've really enjoyed the course so far 😊

Best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending