The Student Room Group

A level options

I'm thinking about either doing maths or architecture at uni. I'm going to do 5 as levels but which ones should I do to ensure I have covered everything
Reply 1
Original post by sj35
I'm thinking about either doing maths or architecture at uni. I'm going to do 5 as levels but which ones should I do to ensure I have covered everything

Definitely maths, probably further maths as well if you want to apply to competitive unis for math, and art and design. From then on, I would advise picking a 'hard subject' like a science. I would recommend physics, since it would be useful in both those fields. Do what you like most for the fifth option.
Reply 2
Your ideas about subjects at uni might change so vary your options. So for example for A-level I'm going to take history, psychology, English Literature and Philosophy and ethics
Reply 3
Original post by ninaarisa
Your ideas about subjects at uni might change so vary your options. So for example for A-level I'm going to take history, psychology, English Literature and Philosophy and ethics

The thing is you will never need philosophy or literature to get into any course at all, and they will end up limiting choices. 'Harder' topics, in the sense that they are more quantitative and scientific, however, will keep all options open.

I would strongly suggest that you take a look throught this Russell Group piece of advice on A-Level choices and how they impact possible uni choices:

http://www.russellgroup.org/informedchoices-latest.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest