The Student Room Group

medicine vs engineering

im unsure between nuclear egineering or medicine, which one is better?
Also im not sure what my a level options should be i want to keep both options open (i only want to do three)
Neither is "better" than the other. They're very different careers involving very different knowledge.

In terms of A-level choices, A-level Maths/Physics/Chemistry would give you options for both sides (most engineering courses, nuclear or otherwise - there are only like 3 purely nuclear engineering courses as I recall at undergrad level currently? - plus about half of the medical schools in the UK).
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Neither is "better" than the other. They're very different careers involving very different knowledge.

In terms of A-level choices, A-level Maths/Physics/Chemistry would give you options for both sides (most engineering courses, nuclear or otherwise - there are only like 3 purely nuclear engineering courses as I recall at undergrad level currently? - plus about half of the medical schools in the UK).

ok thankyou so much, so medicine is still open without biology?
Original post by bingbongif
ok thankyou so much, so medicine is still open without biology?

Only about 1/3 of UK medical schools require A-level Biology - see here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5611422

Quick Reply

Latest