The Student Room Group

Have you seen the Barbie alternative?!

Scroll to see replies

How about they release both, but whenever they do those PSHE lessons (if they haven't scrapped them yet) do one on body image in girl's schools when they're in say, Year 7 or 8, using both old Barbie and new 'fat' Barbie? (who is just average as Vixen points out)
Original post by the bear
very upsetting. those bratz dolls were bad enough... but hey this is Barbie !! what will they do next...

i) Amputee Barbie

ii) Benefits Street Barbie

iii) Jeremy Kyle show Barbie

iv) Crystal meth Barbie

????

I think I saw crystal meth barbie making an appearance in breaking bad...
Original post by abbiemac
Hahahahaha, get you :wink: Barbie getting out of hand, better call saul!

PRSOM
I'd quite like to see a transgender Barbie, with pre- and post-op attachments.
I think it's stupid. Barbie isn't warping children. I grew up playing with barbies, Disney Princess dolls and all sort of gender stereotyped toys and I've never had any body image issues. It's not the toys we have to change its the media and children's exposure to it. Dolls are supposed to be fantasy, they're not supposed to look like your neighbour. What's next? Making my little ponies look like normal horses because little girls are dissapointed to find that normal horses don't have pink tails?
Original post by PecurringRattern
I'd quite like to see a transgender Barbie, with pre- and post-op attachments.

With a 'small parts' warning on the packaging?
Original post by thunder_chunky

For sure, they are often a choking hazard.
Original post by Baby Milo
You missed out lad culture Ken. You dip his head in alcohol, his pupils dilate because he's a bit drunk and he then starts saying misogynistic things to Barbie. There are two limited edition versions. One has 'Maga 2014' on the left bum cheek and one has 'Ibiza 2014' on the right bum cheek.

Followed by "Gum Clinic Ken."
It's quite tiring always hearing about CERTAIN women playing the victim because they're "not a true representative of real women" , they will complain in whatever way they can "that doll is too thin" , "those cartoons aren't real women" "they make me feel insecure and aspire for unattainable beauty"

No one is forcing you to want to look like barbie , do you really lack the critical thought to make your own decisions in life ? Men have it just as bad but we just get on with it .
very upsetting. those bratz dolls were bad enough... but hey this is Barbie !! what will they do next...

i) Amputee Barbie

ii) Benefits Street Barbie

iii) Jeremy Kyle show Barbie

iv) Crystal meth Barbie

????

Aren't ii, iii, and iv the same Barbie?
Original post by thunder_chunky

:toofunny:

:rave:
Jailbait Barbie... she looks 18 but is actually 11
Jailbait Barbie... she looks 18 but is actually 11

Speaking from experience there?
The bruises are a bit disturbing, and the stretch marks look like she's been clawed by a tiger. I like the freckles.

The body proportions are ok, though it's kind of skinny-fat. If we're going for 'a healthy body girls should aspire to', we could make it look like she's been to the gym.
[video="youtube;tKnnRbcLkgE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKnnRbcLkgE[/video]
Original post by Carpe Vinum
Speaking from experience there?

i think menopausal Barbie would be safer :frown:
Original post by Queen Cersei
http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/this-normal-barbie-comes-with-cellulite-stretch-marks-acne-a

How weird are the stretch marks?

Do you think is a step in the right direction though compared with the Barbie's of the previous generation?

Not really to be honest, people will always find something to criticize about

Simpsons did it!

Lisa Lionheart.
What! This is just wrong. A barbie is not a real woman, that's why it doesn't look like one, it's a plastic doll.

When I was at the age of playing with barbies I would not have understood what a stretch mark was.

Barbies are awesome. I never wanted to be a Barbie when I was younger, with blonde hair and a stick thin waist because it was just a toy!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest