The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd go for LSE as it's generally got a better reputation - it's often considered along with Oxbridge. I don't think It would make make much difference though - go on which course you prefer I think.
Reply 2
Why not both? That way if you miss LSE you've got a backup. The rankings are so skewed - LSE has the rep!
Reply 3
etomac
Which university should I apply for if I want to do Econ
because UCL seems to rank the first in the economics list..
LSE. Americans have heard of it :tongue:
Reply 4
Both are fine. LSE probably has the stronger reputation generally - more international and social science bias. UCL maybe a bit stronger on the maths side?
Reply 5
i agree with mysticmin that u should apply for both. I did and got offers for both. however it is worth noting that both have AAA offers. i'm going to LSE. the main reason for this is cos of the rep and i also plan to work in the USA some day. However they are both relatively the same. However LSE has more famous alumni and has a higher application per place ration so i felt like i had achieved more by geting an offer there. BUt UCL has a lot cheaper accomadation and in some cases closer accomadation. Also UCL teaches a wider range of subjects so might be more fun so u can get to know more people. Although UCL has a weaker international rep than LSE, it has a good rep in the UK and its international rep will be improved in a few years cos it is hosting some kind of international econometrics competition. one of the bad points of LSE apartfrom the cost is that apparently cos a lot of the lectures will be done by foreign outside guest that a lot of them are incomprehendable.

but LSE is LSE! and it probably sounds better to say "i've studied economics at the london school of economics.

Latest

Trending

Trending