The Student Room Group

GCSEs good enough for Econ and Econ history?

Are these GCSEs grades uncompetitive for economics and economic history? :

For context, I take Maths, FM, History and Econ at A level.
Obviously not that great (but by no means bad either), but should definitely be competitive enough especially if you have excellent A Level predicted grades! Of course depends where you are applying too.
Original post by pyashh

These grades seem fine, I wouldn't say it would be a big problem!
Goodluck!
Original post by pyashh

Have u applied to this course at lse?
Reply 4
Original post by 77existing.
Have u applied to this course at lse?
I am considering of applying to Econ and Econ History next year. However, since its LSE, they will probably care about gcses even if it is not as competitive as say pure Econ.
Original post by pyashh

You would need to achieve A grades in Maths and Economics and A grades in History and Further Maths to be competitive applicant. Also LSE places a huge emphasis on seeing applicants produce a 'stellar' UCAS Personal Statement. So work hard on achieving 3 A* and 1A grades and a unique Personal Statement.

I would also recommend applying post A-Level with your grades achieved.😉

Are you also applying to Oxford? UCL? Durham? Bristol? Manchester? Nottingham? KCL? SOAS? QMUL?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 6
Original post by thegeek888
You would need to achieve A grades in Maths and Economics and A grades in History and Further Maths to be competitive applicant. Also LSE places a huge emphasis on seeing applicants produce a 'stellar' UCAS Personal Statement. So work hard on achieving 3 A* and 1A grades and a unique Personal Statement.

I would also recommend applying post A-Level with your grades achieved.😉

Are you also applying to Oxford? UCL? Durham? Bristol? Manchester? Nottingham? KCL? SOAS? QMUL?
I'm thinking of applying to KCL (Econ), UCL (Econ and stats), Manchester and Durham.
Original post by pyashh

Hi These are great GCSE's and give you plenty of options for applying for Economics at a range of universities including SOAS. SOAS has a great economics degree programme because it not only teaches microeconomics and macroeconomics but also allows you to study regional economics and economic development of a variety of regions from Asia, Africa to the Middle East. Here's more information about the course https://www.soas.ac.uk/study/find-course/bsc-economics and if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them!

Z
UG Arabic & IR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending