The Student Room Group

The road to becoming a scientist

I am currently in my A2 year of study, studying English Literature and Biology, and I am also studying Economics at AS grade. I did not know what I wanted to become after education, so covered all the bases, however I have looked extensively on UCAS and there aren't many (if any) top flight university that allows you into a science degree without 2 science subjects, this is worrying for me.

Would it be worth my while completing an AS grade in another science whilst I am finishing my Economics next year, would universities consider me for a scientific course? despite not having a full A-Level in the subject?

Or would it be wise for me to go down a different university route, and keep science as more of a hobby that I could possibly take further when I'm older?

Advice/Answers would be greatly appreciated,
Thankyou
If your doing economics next year anyway, why don't you do as and a2 in like chemistry as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lyricalvibe
If your doing economics next year anyway, why don't you do as and a2 in like chemistry as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you advising me to do a two year course in a single year? or are you saying 'why didn't you take it?'
If its the second one, I had already messed up 2 AS's, but continued with 2, and I felt that 2 A2's and 2 AS's was going to be too much for me to do in a single year, especially as they are all complicated subjects.
If that answers your question.
Thanks for the quick reply!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending