The Student Room Group

The difference between Secondary School and Collage? (UK)

Hi I'm not enjoying school very much and I cannot wait to leave school for Collage but does anyone the difference between them?
I am looking for higher education and I do not want Collage to be like school because I do not fit in with anyone in school as everyone is kind of too immature. I don't really have much friends. I know that school focres you to associate with people that have no common interest in you, does Collage give you more freedom?
Might be a silly question but do you need friends to survive collage?
As you see in my school if you have no friends you will look like a loner with no options but to walk around school for 45 minutes in lunch time.
Original post by Vincent29
Hi I'm not enjoying school very much and I cannot wait to leave school for Collage but does anyone the difference between them?
I am looking for higher education and I do not want Collage to be like school because I do not fit in with anyone in school as everyone is kind of too immature. I don't really have much friends. I know that school focres you to associate with people that have no common interest in you, does Collage give you more freedom?
Might be a silly question but do you need friends to survive collage?
As you see in my school if you have no friends you will look like a loner with no options but to walk around school for 45 minutes in lunch time.

If you meant collage:
School is an education centre. Collage is an art form.

If you meant college:
At college, the atmosphere is better. Teachers have to earn respect, they don't get it automatically, but most do quickly earn it. People are there to learn, so it is more focussed and people don't mess around and are more mature. The teaching is also better and the subject will be taught at a higher level.
Depending on your course(I assume A-levels), people are generally interested in their subjects, so you have that as a common interest. College does give you more freedom than school. You don't need friends to survive college, but it is at least good to be on friendly terms with your classmates.
I always hated breaktimes at school because there was nothing to do, but at college, there are loads of people who work through lunch, including me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending