The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Athena
A POX on fire alarms the first morning back at 7.50am!!!!!!

An even BIGGER pox on tute partners who text you at 7:30am to ask whether you're meeting at 10am and an ESPECIALLY big pox on young men who text you at 8:30am to say good luck when your collections aren't until 2 and therefore logic should tell him you didn't go to bed until 3!!!
SAM!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
*ahem*
Also:
bobin
Arrrrghhhhh... 15 hours to coursework deadline and still 2500 words to go. This is not good.
That is all.

So coming to the bar was a great plan :wink: Is it done yet? If you're flagging run to Sainsburys and buy Relentless... (in a big brown can next to red bull) - looks very cool and will give you at least 4-5 hours of concentrating time to finish in time for what i believe was a midday deadline?
Reply 2381
Bekaboo

An even BIGGER pox on tute partners who text you at 7:30am to ask whether you're meeting at 10am and an ESPECIALLY big pox on young men who text you at 8:30am to say good luck when your collections aren't until 2 and therefore logic should tell him you didn't go to bed until 3!!!
SAM!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:hugs: My collections are tomorrow... revision here I come :frown:
Yeh I'm meant to be revising now (for possible collections at 2 this afternoon) but it's not going too well! Especially as I physically couldn't revise at home so have now had to just guess the questions which are gonna come up and only revise them! Don't have time to revise properly.
Feefifofum
I was told today that one of the options I've elected to do is generaly considered to be the most difficult one of all. Great. At least I won't study it until my fourth year, and I do have time to change my mind about it betwen now and then, but argh.

Oh, and I have to learn a whole new dialect of Greek. By Monday. Crap.

And yet, I still can't quite get myself back into my sunny Oxford Trinity state of mind. I want to go home. But I don't want to be at home. Does that ven make sense? Bleh.

trust you to make life hard for yourself :rolleyes: :p:. Im sure once the term starts properly you'll get back into the swing of it. It's all this dossing about doing nothing that you've been doing :wink:

Colllections are ovvvver forever!! Wahooooooo! :party:

Sorry for anyone who still has to do them, good luck :redface:
F1 fanatic

Colllections are ovvvver forever!! Wahooooooo! :party:

Sorry for anyone who still has to do them, good luck :redface:

It's so annoying because pretty much everyone will be finished today (and so be celebrating) whilst I had some today, and I have the ones that I will actually fail (Logic :mad: ) tomorrow. And all I want to do is sleep, but I have to revise!

mellow_yellow
Especially as I physically couldn't revise at home so have now had to just guess the questions which are gonna come up and only revise them! Don't have time to revise properly.

I revised everything for my pol collection, but then worked on the basis that we were going to be given either the 2004-5 or 2005-6 paper, the latter of which was most likely. And it came up :biggrin:! Too bad that definitely won't happen tomorrow....:frown:
Queen_A
It's so annoying because pretty much everyone will be finished today (and so be celebrating) whilst I had some today, and I have the ones that I will actually fail (Logic :mad: ) tomorrow. And all I want to do is sleep, but I have to revise!

:hugs: well you can celebrate tomorrow :biggrin: Good luck, Im sure you won't actually fail it, and even if you do it's only collections - failing is almost mandatory.
Reply 2386
Queen_A

Funny that- I failed logic today, and I have maths for economics tomorrow morning! Eating into cricket practise and everything...
sjuthani
Funny that- I failed logic today, and I have maths for economics tomorrow morning! Eating into cricket practise and everything...

Nooooo....how bad was logic?! Was it that there were two parts that were totally doable in a question but the last part was a nightmare? I always find that. I'm guessing Blamey got rid of all the predicate logic. And COUNTEREXAMPLES - can't do them and they're ALWAYS in every section, it feels like. I seriously want to run away and pretend I forgot to do the Logic section.
Queen_A
Nooooo....how bad was logic?! Was it that there were two parts that were totally doable in a question but the last part was a nightmare? I always find that. I'm guessing Blamey got rid of all the predicate logic. And COUNTEREXAMPLES - can't do them and they're ALWAYS in every section, it feels like. I seriously want to run away and pretend I forgot to do the Logic section.

Well one of my friends did exactly that. Walked out of the collections when given the logic paper! Good move I think.
Reply 2389
I was tempted to do that. Glad I stayed and struggled through though. Last term was not good for me academically, so I stuck my head down and tried to learn a load of stuff over easter. I found it hard, and I'm not sure how much really stuck, so I just tried as much as I could and then did my best in the collection. Whatever I get wrong is just priority revision for prelims. That's how I'm approaching it.

BTW, it was basically a full philosophy paper- probably designed for prelims, so it has the same format. There's plenty of predicate logic stuff there and counterexamples galore- but I skipped all that! There was some stuff I just couldn't do, so I left it, and hopefully they'll help me go through it. Mill questions were *not* good though. :frown:

Maths for economics now...
Reply 2390
I only have one collection :ninja:
Reply 2391
Bekaboo

So coming to the bar was a great plan :wink: Is it done yet? If you're flagging run to Sainsburys and buy Relentless... (in a big brown can next to red bull) - looks very cool and will give you at least 4-5 hours of concentrating time to finish in time for what i believe was a midday deadline?

It got done! Oh I am going to sleep so, so well tonight! :biggrin:
Wow, my lack of motivation for collections is actually funny. I even got up early (as in like 6 in the morn) this morning, but managed to get about half an hour's work done and now I'm listening to the radio instead and looking at facebook. Oh, and I feel the need to get a fry up in about half an hour. Really really really hope I take Prelims seriously. I used to have faith in the fact that I would take them seriously since they're important exams, but with my recent behaviour I don't know. Not looking good!
Reply 2393
It's so wrong that I'm up at this time on a Saturday for an EXAM that doesn't even count, grrr!

Last term it was trampolining, which at least had a purpose, and I enjoyed :frown:

I'm glad I'm not a medic though - my friend will have sat three collections by this lunchtime, with three more on Monday.
Reply 2394
Good to know I'm not the only one who got up really early this morning to revise and am now on TSR! :p: I'm torn between really wanting to do well and realising that this exam doesn't count, and just throwing the towel in...
sjuthani
Good to know I'm not the only one who got up really early this morning to revise and am now on TSR! :p: I'm torn between really wanting to do well and realising that this exam doesn't count, and just throwing the towel in...

Yeh I was torn up until a few days ago. Then I just gave up. Cannot wait for sleep this afternoon! Yay!
P.S. Good luck everyone. I'm gonna go and fail collections now woohoo!
mellow-yellow
P.S. Good luck everyone. I'm gonna go and fail collections now woohoo!

I know a couple of physicists who in 3 years of doing collections have only managed to pass them once :p:. They all passed prelims though :smile:
Reply 2398
Woo, first collection survived. No more now until January 2008 :biggrin:

I think it went OK...
Athena
Woo, first collection survived. No more now until January 2008 :biggrin:

Wow. I never thought about it that way. That sounds great!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending