The Student Room Group

Parent Chat Thread

Hello and welcome to TSR's Parents' forum. :smile:

This thread is a place for you to hang out, meet other parents and share your experiences. Feel free to introduce yourself to the community!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi.
Reply 2
Hi
Hello.
Original post by TenOfThem
Hi

ten of them?:ahee:
Original post by bananaterracottapie
ten of them?:ahee:

I assumed she meant fingers, since she's a maths teacher. Hoping to find out the truth now.
Reply 6
It is a quotation from an episode of "Monk"

:smile:
It is a quotation from an episode of "Monk"

Expand, please. I have a box set downstairs which I bought for my mother, but she didn't like it. I watch it when ironing on Sunday afternoons sometimes. Don't know it well enough, though.

Not fingers for counting, then?
Reply 8
6:13

When Disher takes the place of the dead Julie
6:13

When Disher takes the place of the dead Julie

I'll have to look into that more closely. I have no idea what it means. It's obviously a hell of a lot longer since I did the ironing than I thought.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'll have to look into that more closely. I have no idea what it means. It's obviously a hell of a lot longer since I did the ironing than I thought.

Reply 11
Hello all,
So what are your kids all doing and where?
Oldest is hoping to go to Warwick to study maths in the autumn, middle has just finished GCSEs and hopes to get into games design, preferably in the US so we've SATs etc to look forward to over the next couple of years. Youngest has just finished 1st year of secondary and wants to be a marine biologist. Last year she wanted to live with tigers so I don't think that one's exactly set in stone yet :wink: so that's one set of GCSE results and one set of A2 one right after the other, it's going to be a fun two weeks!

Middle child has (I think) finished picking his A levels and plans to do Maths, Physics, Englsh (A2) and Moving Image Arts, Further Maths (AS only). For once the pools actually line up so that makes a nice change!

Oldest has AS and middle has ME/CFS so if anyone out there wants a hand fighting / negotiating the system for these give me a shout.
Original post by olddad
Hello all,
So what are your kids all doing and where?

Elder son graduated from Manchester doing English 4 years ago. Younger son doing Fine Art at Edinburgh. Those are my actual blood relatives, but I'm a sixth form tutor, so I have surrogate kids doing different things in different places every year. The fun never stops!
Reply 14
Hi

Both of mine are still at secondary school.The eldest is just going in to yr 11 and the youngest is going in to yr 9.Neither of them have any idea what they want to do after they leave school, which is really frustrating.
Reply 15
Good to hear from you all. I just have the one who is studying Physics at Nottingham. He has just finished his third year but has one more to do for his Masters.Really enjoying it.
Original post by Annie72
Hi

Both of mine are still at secondary school.The eldest is just going in to yr 11 and the youngest is going in to yr 9.Neither of them have any idea what they want to do after they leave school, which is really frustrating.

It's also completely and utterly normal. Trust me on this - I do careers interviews. If they did know what they wanted to do, it would very likely change between now and when they are applying, and may also not actually be based on realistic ideas. Don't worry. It'll work out.
Reply 17
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's also completely and utterly normal. Trust me on this - I do careers interviews. If they did know what they wanted to do, it would very likely change between now and when they are applying, and may also not actually be based on realistic ideas. Don't worry. It'll work out.

I agree. My lad always inteded to do maths at uni. He changed his mid in year 11 and went for Physics (maths with a point, he said). He is still not sure what he wants to do though. Now talking about becoming an academic. Looks like a PhD on the way.
Original post by olddad
I agree. My lad always inteded to do maths at uni. He changed his mid in year 11 and went for Physics (maths with a point, he said). He is still not sure what he wants to do though. Now talking about becoming an academic. Looks like a PhD on the way.

At year 9, they've only just (well, most of them!) got beyond wanting to be Superman. Good luck with the PhD (and funding.) Keeps them off the streets.
Reply 19
It Does indeed. We have just delivered him and his computer to a friend's house for a 3 day LAN party. Talk about all geeks together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending