The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Oooh... how loose are we talking here? :wink:
Hoofbeat
They moved it when I unfortunately took the topic onto internships, because they said the discussion wasn't relevant to only Oxford I believe.

Awww good luck. I have labs tomorrow...they suck :frown:

I think it was more that they didn't want more than one "chat thread" in the uni forum and seeing as it wasnt an official "chat thread" it got moved. As far as I understand it we can discuss what we like as long as it stays in the 1 thread. This is our one and only chat thread.

However, I do agree the law discussion can go elsewhere :p:.
Proposed thomasjtl for Comedy Secretary. The resulting resounding silence was hilarious.
2 5 +
Proposed thomasjtl for Comedy Secretary. The resulting resounding silence was hilarious.

Sorry Jonathan, but Austin would do a much better job. 2nd years are better at it too, simply because they know you first years and also know the older years. It gets so boring when comedy minutes is just about you freshers!
i'd like to point out that peter proposed me as comedy secretary on his own accord- i expressed no interest in the role, and was quite glad that no one thought i would be suitable for such a dubious role.

It was sheer comic genius on peter's part, however, when the entire room went silent (we voted by cheering), when my name was called out.
thomasjtl
i'd like to point out that peter proposed me as comedy secretary on his own accord- i expressed no interest in the role, and was quite glad that no one thought i would be suitable for such a dubious role.

It was sheer comic genius on peter's part, however, when the entire room went silent (we voted by cheering), when my name was called out.

Oh, don't inflate his ego any more. Tell him it was vaguely amusing, or something. :p:
Reply 566
Essay is written; practical write up is... well I've done all the calculations I just don't get what the point is... and I still have an hour spare to uh eat and dry my hair! On form :cool:
well, if i keep inflating it, maybe he'll start floating, so that his head's at roundabout the same hight as a normal person.
I'm trying to work on two essays at the same time, literally alternating between the two every so often (with a generous helping of Facebook and TSR thrown in). Can't be a good technique but I get bored otherwise :s-smilie:
You people are just... harsh... :frown:
Reply 570
Stats has finally driven me to drink. I can't work out what the expected values would be if they were distributed normally (I just end up working out the probability of getting the exected value); though I had no problem with the contingency, poisson and binomial chi squared tests. So I'm sitting at my desk sipping Martini rosso straight from the bottle :s-smilie:

I'm glad it's 8th week. I need a break from stats!
Reply 571
I'm guessing use the t to z conversion Athena
Reply 572
Bekaboo
I'm guessing use the t to z conversion Athena

No, that was last week - I need to use the normal distribution to find out what teh values for my null hypothesis should be based on the mean/variance/standard deviation of the observed values. The questions above were the same, except with the poisson and binomial, and the last question is a z test, and I've done that (and I have the delightful task of choosing which mathmo gets the honour of checking my answer for me... oh the possibilities!). I'm really annoyed, I'd got going on it and thought I could leave myself with no work after Tuesday evening, but it looks like I'm going to spend Wednesday afternoon doing it in a rush like I always do :frown:
Sorry to break in here, but how come Human Sciences has loads of stats in it by the sounds of it? (or maybe that's just you) It sounds exactly like what we're doing in S2! (Well maybe a little harder that s2)
Reply 574
How come you've already assigned yourself an "AAA" offer from queens? ^o)
Nathan Ley3
Sorry to break in here, but how come Human Sciences has loads of stats in it by the sounds of it? (or maybe that's just you) It sounds exactly like what we're doing in S2! (Well maybe a little harder that s2)

It's science, Stats comes up all over the shop, especially in biology where the whole subject is based on statistical averages. I think you'll also find that it is S2 :p:... don't sell the fact you've been doing it too much, she might be after you for help :rofl: :wink:
a fire in the sky
How come you've already assigned yourself an "AAA" offer from queens? ^o)

I haven't. It's just the typical offers they give. I have it for all my others, except the ones i got offers for.
F1 fanatic
It's science, Stats comes up all over the shop, especially in biology where the whole subject is based on statistical averages. I think you'll also find that it is S2 :p:... don't sell the fact you've been doing it too much, she might be after you for help :rofl: :wink:

Ah right Thanks, i see. Na i don't mind helping as it will maybe help me to revise it. But yeah it is tres boring!

Also, have removed the typical offers before where it says 'pending'! in my sig so as to prevent any confusion (or pedantry)
Nathan Ley3
Ah right Thanks, i see. Na i don't mind helping as it will maybe help me to revise it. But yeah it is tres boring!

Also, have removed the typical offers before where it says 'pending'! in my sig so as to prevent any confusion (or pedantry)

Precisely... Stats is :yawn: :tumble:
Reply 579
Nathan Ley3

We're going to go beyond S3 by the time I finish, I think. Basically, I have to do stats so that I know if my experimental data means anything.

And also because I think Oxford are obsessed with maths - I'm surprised they don't find a way to sneak it onto the English course!

Latest

Trending

Trending