The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6660
Mrs Carrothead
This is why I hate the real world and plan to live in a cupboard at Oriel for the rest of my life. That way, no interviews, no tax returns, no mortgage. All the worldly pressures gone. Although I would be living in a cupboard.

Has Oli the bar manager brought in his crazy layered vodka cocktail yet? He was explaining it to me in 0th me, as a form of collections avoidance...
I believe he has, yes. Ollie is pretty crazy. He's my college dad, but failed to inform me of this fact before he was very drunk in freshers week and hung off me going 'I'm your dad'. Confusing to say the least :biggrin:.
Mrs Carrothead
This is why I hate the real world and plan to live in a cupboard at Oriel for the rest of my life. That way, no interviews, no tax returns, no mortgage. All the worldly pressures gone. Although I would be living in a cupboard.

I dunno, I quite like the working life - free evenings and weekends with money to burn.
Reply 6663
Mrs Carrothead
I believe he has, yes. Ollie is pretty crazy. He's my college dad, but failed to inform me of this fact before he was very drunk in freshers week and hung off me going 'I'm your dad'. Confusing to say the least :biggrin:.

That sounds about right :p: He used to go out with one of my housemates :yes: And now he's facebook married to a different (male) flatmate.
F1 fanatic
I dunno, I quite like the working life - free evenings and weekends with money to burn.

Don't get me wrong, I've had a job since I was 14, it's just the high-pressure HAVE TO GET A JOB TO LIVE thing that freaks me out. Which is why, one way or another, I expect I will end up squandering my degree. Maybe I should have done English, it would have been easier that way :p:.
Reply 6665
I worked out I could support myself (one bed flat, run my car, feed myself) with 10 hours coaching a week if I live back in Staffs. That made me feel a lot happier during all the recruitment stuff that I didn't get into last term, because I know I can take a year out and not be skint.
flugestuge
I have deleted my post since it compromises your anonymity.
I suggest that you delete the post where you quoted me.

what anonymity? why did you ask then?
Athena
I worked out I could support myself (one bed flat, run my car, feed myself) with 10 hours coaching a week if I live back in Staffs. That made me feel a lot happier during all the recruitment stuff that I didn't get into last term, because I know I can take a year out and not be skint.

If you were to live in Staffs wouldn't you just rent your room off your parents or something like that? Although saying that after 3 years apart you may end up throttling each other.
I like Staffordshire. Everything's cheaper at home. Stupid Oxford/Southern prices. Whereabouts did you work this out for? I have to say, I haven't checked rent around home because I think any less than an hour away from my parents is far too close :smile:.
Reply 6669
Mrs Carrothead
I like Staffordshire. Everything's cheaper at home. Stupid Oxford/Southern prices. Whereabouts did you work this out for? I have to say, I haven't checked rent around home because I think any less than an hour away from my parents is far too close :smile:.

Rugeley (looked at what was advertised in the back of the Mercury). And property prices have crashed since then! I'd probably work in Lichfield, Burntwood, Stafford and Rugeley, so somewhere round there would suit.

Which bit of Staffs are you from?
north = fail
Athena
Rugeley (looked at what was advertised in the back of the Mercury). And property prices have crashed since then! I'd probably work in Lichfield, Burntwood, Stafford and Rugeley, so somewhere round there would suit.

isnt that where that Dr who poisoned a pile of people was from?
Reply 6672
vapid slut magician
isnt that where that Dr who poisoned a pile of people was from?

Palmer the Poisoner, in the late C19th. Don't think we've had anyone more notorious than that. I mean, my village has its resident murderer, but I think most villages have something like that...
Athena

Shrops/Staffs border near Gnosall? I reckon the closer you get to Telford, the lower the property prices (except Ironbridge), so all is not lost!
Reply 6674
Mrs Carrothead
Shrops/Staffs border near Gnosall? I reckon the closer you get to Telford, the lower the property prices (except Ironbridge), so all is not lost!

Ye gads, that's miles away from me :p:
Reply 6675
I'm not even convinced these places actually exist... I mean, Gnossall? You're telling me that's a real place?
Reply 6676
cpchem
I'm not even convinced these places actually exist... I mean, Gnossall? You're telling me that's a real place?

:yes: Silent G, innit.
cpchem

Definitely. It's close to Ranton, Woodcote, High Onn and Little Onn, and Outwoods. All good solid country names there. Check Google maps if you don't believe me!
Athena
Ye gads, that's miles away from me :p:

My parents claim not that far when they send me to Little Haywood a couple of times a week to pick up my feckless sister :mad: . Grr.
Reply 6679
Mrs Carrothead
Definitely. It's close to Ranton, Woodcote, High Onn and Little Onn, and Outwoods. All good solid country names there. Check Google maps if you don't believe me!

There's a place not too far from home called Draycott in the Clay.

Mrs Carrothead
My parents claim not that far when they send me to Little Haywood a couple of times a week to pick up my feckless sister :mad: . Grr.

Ouch...

Latest

Trending

Trending