The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anti-biotics ritually try and kill me...then the doctors recommend I keep taking them for a few more days just to make sure it's them...
Well the REALLY stupid thing is that after Sarah got out, H - who is a friend of our's who's spent a pretty major amount of time in hospitals and therefore doesn't seem to trust them one bit - insisted on checking what antibiotic they'd given her.... one of the ones she'd just had a massive allergic reaction too. Honestly I'm not an NHS-basher at all but are some people COMPLETELY RETARDED?!
thomasjtl
you were out pony trekking in the middle of no where and one of the horses fell over.

Unfortunately, the truth is that, that has never really happened to me!!! There was the time that someone set alight the field I was riding in, and we had to get out pretty quickly as we were worried the fire might spread to where we were. Luckily, the fire didn't take hold as the grass was quite damp, and the arsonists got distracted when they suddenly realised that we were watching them, so they drove off. But that's not really a complex situation!
oh right- you can't lie on real life applications.
Reply 1304
Argh, too much neurophys to catch up on on top stats and genetics and anthropology that doesn't do proper lecture handouts for... :argh:
Ahhh... I've spent two days trying to do 1 question, which is about 4 miles of the syllabus and I just found out even my genius of a tutorial partner can't do it. Why have I been wasting my time?! :bawling:
F1 fanatic
Ahhh... I've spent two days trying to do 1 question, which is about 4 miles of the syllabus and I just found out even my genius of a tutorial partner can't do it. Why have I been wasting my time?! :bawling:

Which question is it Stu?
Hoofbeat
Which question is it Stu?

It's a question set by my tutor on electon band theory. Basically its the Fourier expansion of the potential and the wavefunction of a periodic lattice in a volume Ω\Omega using Bloch's theorem to give you an equation for the co-efficients in reciprocal space. Then we're supposed to solve it as a perturbation to the free particle case in both the degenerate and non-degenerate case, find the dispersion relation and discuss the change to the fermi surface. In other words, about 15x harder than anything on the lecturer's problem sheet.
Reply 1308
F1 fanatic
It's a question set by my tutor on electon band theory. Basically its the Fourier expansion of the potential and the wavefunction of a periodic lattice in a volume Ω\Omega using Bloch's theorem to give you an equation for the co-efficients in reciprocal space. Then we're supposed to solve it as a perturbation to the free particle case in both the degenerate and non-degenerate case, find the dispersion relation and discuss the change to the fermi surface. In other words, about 15x harder than anything on the lecturer's problem sheet.

Stuart, that looks suspiciously like discussing work in the procrastinating thread :hmm:
F1 fanatic

I wish I hadn't asked.... :s-smilie: :p:
Athena

Stuart, that looks suspiciously like discussing work in the procrastinating thread :hmm:

nah - that's just what he normally talks about (:wink:) - you should see how indecipherable it can become when he gets in his physicsy stride...
Athena

I'm not attempting to do it though, by the very fact of taking the time to write that all out on TSR as a post I was in fact procrastinating from the work at hand, and therefore I believe has every right to be in this thread :cool:.
*******s to a half-decent class. I'm going to doss in the JCR with my 2:2.
^ aint nothing wrong with a 2:2....
Reply 1314
There's quite a lot wrong with a 2:2. Like the lack of a job.
you have to cover your back somehow... :wink:
Drogue

Oh, that reminds me. Thanks for your Econ help! The question I had about the effects of a price increase in wages is the essay question that came up! I got a 2:1 in two parts, and a 2:2 in the other....so, still got a way to go, but considering how badly I thought they went, I'm not too disheartened.
Reply 1317
Well done :biggrin: My general test: if my tutors are happy, it went excellently. If my tutors are "disappointed", it went okish.
Drogue

Yeah, but did you watch three sets of Murray-Nadal today? No? Yeah.
Drogue
Well done :biggrin: My general test: if my tutors are happy, it went excellently. If my tutors are "disappointed", it went okish.

Odd thing is, I seem only to have gotten Econ results, nothing from Philosophy....are they supposed to take this long? I know Blamey said we'd do Logic next week, but I've heard nothing about Moral Philosophy. I'm thinking we'll get them back sometime next term when we no longer care :wink:
2+2

Yeah, but did you watch three sets of Murray-Nadal today? No? Yeah.

Why do I have no idea what you're talking about? :p: I've clearly been in my room for too long...

Latest

Trending

Trending