The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Drogue
:hugs: :wink: *gestures wildly in a Cloddywah-style linky motion*

But didn't le Clods strongly disapprove of TSR?! She's disappeared from T2U as well...

And Stu and Chloe, you guys have to stop talking about vaguely work-related things- you're making me feel guilty...
sjuthani
But didn't le Clods strongly disapprove of TSR?! She's disappeared from T2U as well...

And Stu and Chloe, you guys have to stop talking about vaguely work-related things- you're making me feel guilty...

But talking about work is a form of procrastination that feels vaguely useful - the ideal form, yet in reality is completely useless for any sort of practical purpose.
Reply 1482
In the fly labs today, we were designing our own experiment to do with fly mutants who couldn't fly particularly well (I know there's a joke in there somewhere...), so my lab partner drew the flies a little sign saying "this way" and an arrow... It shouldn't have amused me as much as it did.
Oh is that the one with the squared paper and you have to shake them all down to the bottom and the males go bouncing off like crazing? Quality :smile: Gotta love Drosophila labs... how I miss them!
I can't decide which are better... labs on flies or labs on superconductors and muon decays and so on.
Sam is late and we're meant to be cooking so I'm hungry. Or I was hungry until I ate a pack of oat cakes... 20 mins, one pack. If he doesn't turn up soon I'm gonna be shaped like a whale.
*sees green dot* OMFG you're online!!! Sam!!! Wtf happened to half 7, maybe 7:45 and now it's 8:05 and you're at teddy hall ONLINE?! Oh I am so eating all the sweets without you!
Reply 1487
Bekaboo
Oh is that the one with the squared paper and you have to shake them all down to the bottom and the males go bouncing off like crazing? Quality :smile: Gotta love Drosophila labs... how I miss them!

Yes, except we did it with the 100ml cylinders, and it didn't work very well with the B mutant females (ie, less than 50% over 40ml by the end of three minutes, so we just had to write how many DID get over the line... anyway), hence the encouraging "this way" sign. I'm actually glad I missed the first lab, because it made me join up with two John's students when I did get back, and they're a good laugh.
Bekaboo
*sees green dot* OMFG you're online!!! Sam!!! Wtf happened to half 7, maybe 7:45 and now it's 8:05 and you're at teddy hall ONLINE?! Oh I am so eating all the sweets without you!

I knew there had to be a reason for invisibility mode, now I know what it is!
Reply 1489
Out of the Blue! *jaw drops*
They're so good! Heh, one of my friends is a massive fan, she goes to pretty much all their gigs. I've never told her that one of them uses TSR...
Reply 1491
One of them = the (ex) president, even.
*weeps softly into cereal* never send emails while trying to have a conversation. Especially not one with Sam. He's too distracting. Because the next morning you will get irate phonecalls from members of your crew because you accidentally told them to meet an hour earlier than intended. :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 1493
Ouch...
Athena
Out of the Blue! *jaw drops*

Ooh, were they good yesterday? Apparantly they sang five new songs, one of which they had only learnt on Tuesday! I was going to go, but in the end decided to stay here with Chloé as she was ill.

*quick plug* ...
The western european semifinal of the ICCA (International collegiate championship of a cappella), will be held in Oxford town hall on 26th Feb (Monday of 7th week). 8 groups will be competing (including all five Oxford groups), and the winner will fly to New York in April to compete in the international final. Tickets for the concert which should be well worth seeing will be going on sale soon :smile: .
Oooo 'citing stuff! I'm confused: are you not OOTB now?
Nope, I stopped at the start of this year so I could do some work etc. I am just helping to organise this competition.
Drogue
One of them = the (ex) president, even.

Those oldies amongst you may remember that we use to have two OOTB-ers on TSR. As well as Simon, we use to have Matt....I can't remember his username now but in his first year he was on here a fair amount.

Anyways, pleased to hear they were good - really sucks being ill...I was looking forward to seeing them (and I'm sure Simon was too...he was just being polite and staying to look after me - what a gd bf!) :frown:
Reply 1498
Bekaboo
*weeps softly into cereal* never send emails while trying to have a conversation. Especially not one with Sam. He's too distracting. Because the next morning you will get irate phonecalls from members of your crew because you accidentally told them to meet an hour earlier than intended. :frown: :frown: :frown:

:toofunny: You see, when you're distracted, your evil side shows through :wink:
Reply 1499
Bekaboo

Oooh, I'm sorry Boo. Didn't mean to distract from rowing stuff! So what happened, did you get to train at all, or did not enough people turn up?

F1 fanatic
Well done! I'm impressed that you wrote that essay in such little time. Why not do it again? Don't tell me you didn't enjoy the pressure :wink: :p:

No way. Apart from being hell, my philosophy tutor completely ripped it apart in the tute (although he did the same thing with my tute partner and his essay) and my politics tutor has just emailed me saying its below par and I need to write a proper one by the end of next week. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending