The Student Room Group

UCAS Convention 2015 Olympia

As a school, we've been offered the trip to the UCAS convention on the 18th March. I know what I want to do at uni and where I want to do it, could someone who knows about it or someone who has been before answer the questions below -

- What are the talks like, what are they on?
- Can people answer subject (course) specific questions or is it mainly about uni life applying to uni etc?

thanks!
Original post by spacenut
As a school, we've been offered the trip to the UCAS convention on the 18th March. I know what I want to do at uni and where I want to do it, could someone who knows about it or someone who has been before answer the questions below -

- What are the talks like, what are they on?
- Can people answer subject (course) specific questions or is it mainly about uni life applying to uni etc?

thanks!

If I remember correctly, quite a few of the talks from the UCAS convention are actually on the UCAS website. I couldn't attend last year but I watched them all online. Having said that, none of the people I spoke to sounded particularly inspired. I remember there was a big drama because apparently someone at the Cambridge stand was taking down names and said that attending the UCAS convention improved your chances of getting into Cambridge (which is obviously rubbish, if there's any truth then it's probably correlative rather than causative) and then the people at my school who didn't attend got worried, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest