The Student Room Group

FREE Programming/Coding Help Desk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Async
If you need any help to do with programming. Post it here on the thread, and I will reply to all of you. If you are facing a bug, or need advise on anything post it.

I know the following languages fairly well.
VB.NET, C#, Java, PHP, SQL.

I can answer questions related to those languages better, but I do know other languages too but yeah.

Ask away people.

Where did u study comp sci?
Original post by Shakz
Shut ya mout Planto, u think ur some BIG DAWG cos ur a TSR idol...kmt...u jus a nerd behind a comp! We outcheaaaa

wat
Reply 222
Original post by Shakz
Where did u study comp sci?

I'm not a CompSci student. I'm an A2 student
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 223
Original post by Comp1 help
Im having trouble understanding this IF statement? Because even when i enter a number, it still proceedes
If Asc(PlayAgain) >= 97 And Asc(PlayAgain) <= 122 then
PlayAgain = Chr(Asc(PlayAgain) - 32)
End If

I believe that AQA put this specifically to confuse students. All it does is convert a lower case letter to an upper case letter.
Notice the Asc bit. That stands for Ascii. So Asci values between 97 and 122 are lower case I presume.
Reply 224
Are you familiar with Matlab? Sorry if this has been asked already
Reply 225
Original post by JD1lla
Are you familiar with Matlab? Sorry if this has been asked already

Sorry I haven't.. I've only heard about it and what it's used for.
Reply 226
Its written in c, c++ and java I think?
Original post by Comp1 help
The fibonacci sequence

Oh well at a glance it looks OK. Might need a few tweaks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Async
I believe that AQA put this specifically to confuse students. All it does is convert a lower case letter to an upper case letter.
Notice the Asc bit. That stands for Ascii. So Asci values between 97 and 122 are lower case I presume.

Yeah, capital letters are from 65 (1000001) and lowercase are from 97 (1100001) - just makes it easier to remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 229
Original post by Async
I'm not a CompSci student. I'm an A2 student

LOL u a beginner then!
Reply 230
Original post by Shakz
LOL u a beginner then!

yup
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone use pascal here, if so I need help with creating and saving to text files. Help is appreciated.
Hi,

Can you please help with implementing a score system in C#? The image below is as far as I've gotten, but it just adds the values of the pieces that have moved instead of the values of pieces taken.
Score.png

I would really appreciate it if you helped me.

Best regards,

Tom
Reply 233
Original post by idontwearhats
Hi,

Can you please help with implementing a score system in C#? The image below is as far as I've gotten, but it just adds the values of the pieces that have moved instead of the values of pieces taken.
Score.png

I would really appreciate it if you helped me.

Best regards,

Tom

Send me the whole code. Like the void where you implemented this code in.
Original post by Async
Send me the whole code. Like the void where you implemented this code in.
public static void MakeMove(ref string[,] Board, int StartRank, int StartFile, int FinishRank, int FinishFile, char WhoseTurn) { if ((WhoseTurn == 'W':wink: && (FinishRank == 1) && (Board[StartRank, StartFile][1] == 'R':wink:) { Board[FinishRank, FinishFile] = "WM"; Board[StartRank, StartFile] = " "; } else if ((WhoseTurn == 'B':wink: && (FinishRank == 8) && (Board[StartRank, StartFile][1] == 'R':wink:) { Board[FinishRank, FinishFile] = "BM"; Board[StartRank, StartFile] = " "; } else { Board[FinishRank, FinishFile] = Board[StartRank, StartFile]; Board[StartRank, StartFile] = " "; } if (WhoseTurn == 'W':wink: { switch ((Board[FinishRank, FinishFile][1])) { case 'R': WhiteScore++; break; case 'G': WhiteScore = +3; break; case 'E': WhiteScore = +5; break; case 'N': WhiteScore = +7; break; case 'M': WhiteScore = +9; break; case 'S': WhiteScore = +10; break; case 'K': WhiteScore = +10; break; default: break; } } if (WhoseTurn == 'B':wink: { switch ((Board[FinishRank, FinishFile][1])) { case 'R': BlackScore++; break; case 'G': BlackScore = +3; break; case 'E': BlackScore = +5; break; case 'N': BlackScore = +7; break; case 'M': BlackScore = +9; break; case 'S': BlackScore = +10; break; case 'K': BlackScore = +9; break; default: break; } } }
Reply 235
Original post by idontwearhats
public static void MakeMove(ref string[,] Board, int StartRank, int StartFile, int FinishRank, int FinishFile, char WhoseTurn) { if ((WhoseTurn == 'W':wink: && (FinishRank == 1) && (Board[StartRank, StartFile][1] == 'R':wink:) { Board[FinishRank, FinishFile] = "WM"; Board[StartRank, StartFile] = " "; } else if ((WhoseTurn == 'B':wink: && (FinishRank == 8) && (Board[StartRank, StartFile][1] == 'R':wink:) { Board[FinishRank, FinishFile] = "BM"; Board[StartRank, StartFile] = " "; } else { Board[FinishRank, FinishFile] = Board[StartRank, StartFile]; Board[StartRank, StartFile] = " "; } if (WhoseTurn == 'W':wink: { switch ((Board[FinishRank, FinishFile][1])) { case 'R': WhiteScore++; break; case 'G': WhiteScore = +3; break; case 'E': WhiteScore = +5; break; case 'N': WhiteScore = +7; break; case 'M': WhiteScore = +9; break; case 'S': WhiteScore = +10; break; case 'K': WhiteScore = +10; break; default: break; } } if (WhoseTurn == 'B':wink: { switch ((Board[FinishRank, FinishFile][1])) { case 'R': BlackScore++; break; case 'G': BlackScore = +3; break; case 'E': BlackScore = +5; break; case 'N': BlackScore = +7; break; case 'M': BlackScore = +9; break; case 'S': BlackScore = +10; break; case 'K': BlackScore = +9; break; default: break; } } }

I need to make a complaint to the development team of TSR. This site is so buggy when pasting code. It's such a pain.

Sorry, can you paste your WHOLE C# Capture the Sarrum game to a website like Pastebin.com and send me the link. I'll see if I can help from there.
I am doing a computing course in sixth form and have been told that we are learning visual basic. What type of things should I expect to make? is this language good for making android apps ?
Original post by Async
I need to make a complaint to the development team of TSR. This site is so buggy when pasting code. It's such a pain.

Sorry, can you paste your WHOLE C# Capture the Sarrum game to a website like Pastebin.com and send me the link. I'll see if I can help from there.

No problem, here it is. I've already made some changes like expanding the board and implementing the witch piece, so please ignore that.
Reply 238
Original post by randyortonrko
I am doing a computing course in sixth form and have been told that we are learning visual basic. What type of things should I expect to make? is this language good for making android apps ?

You can't create android apps with VB.NET as far as I'm aware. To create android apps, you'd need to learn Java or C#. I would steer you towards Java if you want to make android apps.
Original post by Async
You can't create android apps with VB.NET as far as I'm aware. To create android apps, you'd need to learn Java or C#. I would steer you towards Java if you want to make android apps.

Thanks for the tips, your a legend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending