The Student Room Group

Which singers/bands should make a comeback?

Which bands/singers should make a comeback?
And why?

Scroll to see replies

I think that son of dork should make a comeback.
Outkast should, 15 years since their last proper LP. They just kinda stopped when they were supposed to be at their peaks :confused:

Cannibal Ox are releasing a new album next month.

Black Sabbath, new album this year.

Mike Skinner should go back to The Streets, his stuff as The D.O.T. with that bloke from Leeds doesn't seem to have taken off as much and his last two records as The Streets were as good as anything he did.
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis
Oasis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Westlife.
Whatever happened to Bill Withers? I know he's still about, and he's unfortunately denying us of the soulful voice.
Rolf Harris
Reply 7
Alexisonfire
The Damned Things
The King Blues
OASIS
The Corrs
Led Zeppelin and Oasis.
Defo Atomic Kitten
I'd like to see this supposed third major album by The Stone Roses.
Reply 13
MCR :frown:
Original post by Nogoodsorgods
I'd like to see this supposed third major album by The Stone Roses.

Most overrated band ever alongside maybe Oasis. The Stone Roses actually conned the fans with that 'reunion'.

Laughing to myself now. One album :biggrin:. And it is one album because nobody cares about the second.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Most overrated band ever alongside maybe Oasis. The Stone Roses actually conned the fans with that 'reunion'.

Laughing to myself now. One album :biggrin:. And it is one album because nobody cares about the second.

Speak for yourself. A bit like Oasis's later Be Here Now, Second Coming was tough to like on first listen but it now has many supporters within Stone Roses fans. John Squire is a true guitar hero but also the band jam really, really well. Their Manchester attitude was an asset in that respect.
They were a band who could be angry or laid back. It was like a weapon for them against the dour Conservatism of the time. The Conservatives had given no sign in the slightest of caring about Britain's musical- or any other artistic- legacy in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Also, although I did say third album as that is how The Stone Roses would regard it, they had an album (later released without their permission by Silvertone) ready in 1985 that the band decided not to release, Garage Flower. Some tracks on it, So Young and Tell Me, ended up on The Complete Stone Roses.

And don't forget that they regarded as one of great B-side/non-album singles bands as well.
Sally Cinnamon, Mersey Paradise, The Hardest Thing In The World, Standing Here, Here It Comes, All Across The Sands, What The World Is Waiting For, One Love--- to name a few.

It could be argued, then, that The Stone Roses really made enough material for 3 or 4 albums but decided to make just 2.

The main problem for The Stone Roses with me is that their debut album is too carefully choreographed, in Squire's artwork and by opening and closing with 'I wanna be adored' and 'I am the resurrection'.
It could easily be seen, on first glance, as a blatant attempt to be regarded as 'the comeback of the British punks'. If the debut had contained some more tracks with sweetness, like Sally Cinnamon, it would have given a truer picture of this band. That even if they were the greatest fighters they nevertheless were primarily lovers. I've got no doubt that they could written songs for someone like Marvin Gaye if they'd had the opportunity.

It may have helped for popularity's sake but the truth is that the likes of The Byrds, Simon and Garfunkel and American funk, also run through this band. They were clearly very in love with the idea of revelling in the power and griminess of Northern spirit but also infusing it with a clean America optimism of the 60s and 70s.
They are both a complicated, utterly sincere, band and also an injection of pure Lennon-like love and wit back in to a Britain that didn't necessarily even remember that it was once all about that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bethani_rose
Defo Atomic Kitten

I have to agree with you on that one.
I'd like it if Elvis went back on tour ya know
Jojo,missy Elliot,atomic kitten,busted
Not a singer or band, but Mozart. It'd be so rad seeing a skeleton playing harpsichord. I'd pay to see that.

Quick Reply

Latest