The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

radiography interview and clinical visit form

I have applied to study diagnostic radiography and I have my numeracy and literacy tests coming up. If I pass, I should then be invited to interview. I was reading the interview guidance and it says that we would need to bring to the interview - a form filled in by a Supintendent Radiographer which would have been filled in during a clinical visit for min of one day. This is obviously fairly short notice to arrange this, luckily a family member knows the head of imaging at our local hospital so I may be able to arrange a clinical visit day. My question is, does everyone have one of these clinical visit forms filled out by the day of the interview? It is essential?
Thanks
Reply 1
Everyone I spoke to had one with them on the day, and it mentions on their website that you must complete. If you can't get it sorted before your interview then maybe you could explain that you are planning on doing it afterwards and can send it to them by post/email. I would advise you to do it before however as they may want to discuss what you saw/learned while at the placement.
London
I think all universities require you to have undertaken a clinical visit prior to being made an offer so I don't know why this seems to be a surprise to you. As the above poster said, you should do it before your interview as you will be asked about it, ideally you would do it or at least arrange it before even applying to make sure you understand what the job entails etc. Generally universities will overlook the fact you have not undertaken your visit before interview as long as you have it arranged but they probably won't make you an offer until they have received your completed form, or it will be a condition of any offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending