The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

I want to apply to a clearing place i already got rejected from

(im on a gap year) i got ABB and i want to go for psychology at city of london. i already applied for it in my 5 choices and didnt get it. their requirements is AAB. if i call for that place now, will i get it? should i wait till a level results day to call up?
(edited 9 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GSCE student
(im on a gap year) i got ABB and i want to go for psychology at city of london. i already applied for it in my 5 choices and didnt get it. their requirements is AAB. if i call for that place now, will i get it? should i wait till a level results day to call up?

It isnt hopeful. They could have offered you the higher grades or accepted you with lower grades. They have done neither so for some reason they dont seem to want you. Are they in clearing. If so/ you can apply now but it doesnt look likely you will get in. Have you not got any other requirement such as GCSE Maths at a set grade as that is the most common reason for rejection,
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Nothing to lose by calling to try.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Nothing to lose by calling to try.

will it not affect my chances if i call now rather on results day, because ive heard its more likely theyll accept u with lower grades on clearing- if i call now instead, will they just reject me straight off bc im the only option? i hope i expalined that well sorry
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
It isnt hopeful. They could have offered you the higher grades or accepted you with lower grades. They have done neither so for some reason they dont seem to want you. Are they in clearing. If so/ you can apply now but it doesnt look likely you will get in. Have you not got any other requirement such as GCSE Maths at a set grade as that is the most common reason for rejection,

i see- thank you
will it not affect my chances if i call now rather on results day, because ive heard its more likely theyll accept u with lower grades on clearing- if i call now instead, will they just reject me straight off bc im the only option? i hope i expalined that well sorry

If you have your grades and the course has vacancies now then ring them now.
I would call them now instead of waiting for clearing
(edited 9 months ago)

Call them now.

if the course is in clearing on AL results day and the requirements have dropped, call them again.
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
Call them now.

if the course is in clearing on AL results day and the requirements have dropped, call them again.

appreciate it!
Hi,

I'm one of the student reps at City university. You should definitely apply again through clearing. City was also one of my 5 choices when i applied for adult nursing and i got rejected the first time. Then, i went through clearing and i got accepted. you can apply via the online forms which you can find on the website.

Goodluck!
Original post by Kelly-CityUoL
Hi,

I'm one of the student reps at City university. You should definitely apply again through clearing. City was also one of my 5 choices when i applied for adult nursing and i got rejected the first time. Then, i went through clearing and i got accepted. you can apply via the online forms which you can find on the website.

Goodluck!

hello! tysmmmm
do you think that i should wait till results day to call clearing or do it now? bc im worried that if i do it now, ive got a lesser chance of getting in since they cant compare me to other ppl who are yet to apply, so they may see my grades and not give it a chance?
Yes you should do it as soon as possible. if you already have your grades you shouldn't wait for results day because the internet is going to be extra slow. If they reject you the first time, apply again on results day lol.

hope that helps
Hi,

Goodluck!

Hi! Can I ask if its not too personal, were you rejected for your grades or interview? I ask because I applied to study radiography at City 3 years ago but was unsuccessful at the interview, but now with my new grades and work experience I still got rejected after getting an interview, i didnt actually get to do the interview because they said they have to go with my previous interview outcome which was of course upsetting since this my dream course and uni, do you have any advice on what I can do because I really need to study this course at city, I've spent the last 3 years working up to this moment studying for my access course and being employed in an Imaging department just for my chance to slip away so quickly so I'm really stressed but this gives me hope I guess :frown:
hello! tysmmmm
do you think that i should wait till results day to call clearing or do it now? bc im worried that if i do it now, ive got a lesser chance of getting in since they cant compare me to other ppl who are yet to apply, so they may see my grades and not give it a chance?

People already told you to call the uni a month ago and it seems like you haven't done it so why do you keep asking people when you should call them if you're just going to ignore their advice?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Can I ask if its not too personal, were you rejected for your grades or interview? I ask because I applied to study radiography at City 3 years ago but was unsuccessful at the interview, but now with my new grades and work experience I still got rejected after getting an interview, i didnt actually get to do the interview because they said they have to go with my previous interview outcome which was of course upsetting since this my dream course and uni, do you have any advice on what I can do because I really need to study this course at city, I've spent the last 3 years working up to this moment studying for my access course and being employed in an Imaging department just for my chance to slip away so quickly so I'm really stressed but this gives me hope I guess :frown:

Hi, sorry to hear that happened to you, i got rejected for my A level mock grades the first time and because of this i didnt get pass to the interview stage, so i was never interviewed. I applied through UCAS and got rejected. Then when results day came by i got higher than my mock grades then they gave me an interview an hour after i applied via clearing. I was able to pass this interview because i had taken health and social during my GCSE and loads of the questions asked was stuff i learnt from that subject.

Honestly im not really sure what you can do because unfortunately clearing for radiography has now closed at City. you can re-apply one last time through UCAS and rewrite your personal statement with your added work experience and passion for radiography but this would obviously take another year which isn't very ideal and imo not necessary for you.

Maybe look at other universities, i'm sure there are many other universities which provide amazing radiography courses. I have friend who also wanted to go to City and study radiography but she got rejected due to her interview as well but she now studies radiography at LSBU and is loving it. Tbh when it comes to healthcare courses especially from mine and others experiences i value the hospital and placement trust more than my university. Like just because you go to an amazing university doesnt mean you will love your course, despite the amazing teaching or lectures. for example I love my course cuz i love the trust that i do placement in but other people in my uni now regret working in healthcare cuz their trust or hospital area didnt give them the best placement experience. my advice would be to look for other universities which has good teaching and has connections to amazing hospital trust such as UCLH, Guy's and St Thomas ect. because you will learn most of your skills on placement trust me. but yeah thats all i can say, hope it helps a little bit and Goodluck!!
Hi, sorry to hear that happened to you, i got rejected for my A level mock grades the first time and because of this i didnt get pass to the interview stage, so i was never interviewed. I applied through UCAS and got rejected. Then when results day came by i got higher than my mock grades then they gave me an interview an hour after i applied via clearing. I was able to pass this interview because i had taken health and social during my GCSE and loads of the questions asked was stuff i learnt from that subject.

Honestly im not really sure what you can do because unfortunately clearing for radiography has now closed at City. you can re-apply one last time through UCAS and rewrite your personal statement with your added work experience and passion for radiography but this would obviously take another year which isn't very ideal and imo not necessary for you.

Maybe look at other universities, i'm sure there are many other universities which provide amazing radiography courses. I have friend who also wanted to go to City and study radiography but she got rejected due to her interview as well but she now studies radiography at LSBU and is loving it. Tbh when it comes to healthcare courses especially from mine and others experiences i value the hospital and placement trust more than my university. Like just because you go to an amazing university doesnt mean you will love your course, despite the amazing teaching or lectures. for example I love my course cuz i love the trust that i do placement in but other people in my uni now regret working in healthcare cuz their trust or hospital area didnt give them the best placement experience. my advice would be to look for other universities which has good teaching and has connections to amazing hospital trust such as UCLH, Guy's and St Thomas ect. because you will learn most of your skills on placement trust me. but yeah thats all i can say, hope it helps a little bit and Goodluck!!

Hey, thank you for your detailed reply that helps a lot and I feel better thank you, its unfortunate but like you said the course is the same and the placement matters more anyway, I've accepted my other space at another university but just wondered what my options where if I were to transfer, I know City doesn't accept transfers for Health courses but do you know if there are any exceptions at all to that rule or is it 100% set in stone that no Health courses csn be transferred at all? Thanks again for your help!!

Also i wondered if you heard of any courses at City opening up at the beginning of term if students don't turn up or decline their offers? How likely is this and what's the process of applying if places open up, would if be like applying through Clearing as normal and lastly when does clearing officially end at City, is it just the same as Ucas? Thank you!!
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
People already told you to call the uni a month ago and it seems like you haven't done it so why do you keep asking people when you should call them if you're just going to ignore their advice?

geez i just wanted extra confirmation from other people? i did follow their advice but i wanted to ask again in case anyone misunderstood me/had different opinions. youre not the nicest egg are you
geez i just wanted extra confirmation from other people? i did follow their advice but i wanted to ask again in case anyone misunderstood me/had different opinions. youre not the nicest egg are you

Nah, someone's got to be blunt with you and their opinions were pretty clear lol. You just sound triggered that I called you out for asking the same question over and over again when people had already told you what to do. And I think you're lying because you said you took their advice but then asked someone if you should call clearing or wait till results day....now why would you ask that if you already claimed you took their advice and called clearing?? Busted lol.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Nah, someone's got to be blunt with you and their opinions were pretty clear lol.

its cuz i wasn't sure if what i was saying was clear cuz i dont think i articulated myself well. appreciate the bluntness even tho it didn't go anywhere. but i did get a place from clearing on the day btw. try and be a nicer egg pls it wont crack you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending