The Student Room Group

Need experience within radiography!

Hi!
I’m a student currently entering my last year of sixth form I am going into yr 13 and I want to study diagnostic radiography in university however I want to gain some sort of “in - person” experience within that field in a clinic or hospital! I’ve been searching and emailing hospitals however I’m not getting an answer back and I really want the experience so that I can stand out to the unis and + I’m genuinely interested. Does anyone know or recommend me a place where I can find experience?
Reply 1
Original post by Neha.123
Hi!
I’m a student currently entering my last year of sixth form I am going into yr 13 and I want to study diagnostic radiography in university however I want to gain some sort of “in - person” experience within that field in a clinic or hospital! I’ve been searching and emailing hospitals however I’m not getting an answer back and I really want the experience so that I can stand out to the unis and + I’m genuinely interested. Does anyone know or recommend me a place where I can find experience?

Keep trying to get in touch with local hospitals with x-ray department and perhaps try contacting the staff recruitment team as well as the x-ray department for information on getting some experience.

Otherwise don't worry about not having any experience as not necessarily as you'll be trained to use every piece of equipment if you are successful in gaining a place at university.

=============================================
How do I get experience in radiography.......
Before applying to any relevant course you are expected to have visited an imaging or radiography department. Contact your local hospital and ask to spend time work shadowing a qualified diagnostic radiographer. Also valuable in your application will be any health-related work with the public, paid or voluntary.

Quick Reply

Latest