The Student Room Group

Applying to uni - Radiography

Would I be able to apply to diagnostic radiography and get offers with predicted grades BCC in Psychology, biology and maths?

Most unis requirements are BBC - BBB, so wondering if my predicted grades will be okay
Original post by sb145x
Would I be able to apply to diagnostic radiography and get offers with predicted grades BCC in Psychology, biology and maths?

Most unis requirements are BBC - BBB, so wondering if my predicted grades will be okay

The usual advice is to apply to 1 (or 2) aspirational choices, 2 or 3 at your grades and then 1 below your grades for insurance. So applying to one/two BBC choices should be fine. Some unis offer foundation years for DR (I think Derby is one if I remember correctly) so it might be worth considering those unis.

For healthcare courses, you will be interviewed and unis usually require applicants to have shadowing experience and public-facing work/volunteering experience.
Original post by sb145x

Hi there!

I agree with normaw, it is a good idea to apply to a couple of different universities, lot's of people tend to apply for a uni with slightly higher entry requirements compared to their predicted, one that hits their predicted, and one that is slightly lower.

It is not uncommon for universities to offer to those with lower grades. Considering that you are applying to diagnostic radiography and will likely be interviewed, they will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate you would make a good radiographer, have full knowledge of the career and the degree course, which will hopefully score you highly. If you are a strong candidate at interview but you don't meet the entry requirements, they may also offer you a foundation year which then (upon successful completion) will enrol you onto the full degree course for radiography.

I would make sure your personal statement is as strong as it can be, which also demonstrates the points mentioned above.
Check out this thread for some useful interview tips for health degrees! 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by sb145x

Hi SB,

I am a Senior Radiographer. My advice would be to apply to Universities that accept your qualifications according to their thresholds.

If you need any further help, you can PM me!
It's best if you keep discussions on the thread rather than requesting PMs. That way, other people who visit the site can benefit from your advice :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest