The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Official Rep Q&A - Here to help

Scroll to see replies

Hi i accepted my accommodation offer for Vine Court this morning- when will i find out my room number etc?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to buy tickets to freshers events on the day or online rather than purchase the wristband? The fresher wristband is too expensive for me & I doubt that I'd attend most of the events.
Original post by Edminzodo
Hi there,

I received an accommodation offer this morning, which I accepted and paid the deposit for, and now it's disappeared and has been replaced with someone else's details who hasn't filled in a room request? I also haven't received the confirmation of my deposit. Is there any way to check that this has been successful?

Thank you!

@University of Liverpool

Hi there!

You will need to contact the Accommodation Office about this. It is worth checking up on! You can find their contact details on our website.

Best wishes

Sophie
Original post by Alima khan
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to buy tickets to freshers events on the day or online rather than purchase the wristband? The fresher wristband is too expensive for me & I doubt that I'd attend most of the events.

Hi!

You should be able to buy tickets for individual events :smile: For more details, you can find contact details for Liverpool Guild of Students on their website.

Enjoy Welcome Week! :smile:

Sophie
Original post by dandavies60
Hi i accepted my accommodation offer for Vine Court this morning- when will i find out my room number etc?

Hello :smile:

You will need to contact the Accommodation Office about this and they will be able to advise you when they plan to send room numbers out. You can find their contact details on our website.

Best wishes

Sophie
Original post by English-help
Hi
So im going to be resitting Yr 13 due to not achieving my full potential! I achieved ACE & Uni of Liverpool offered me a foundation year , however i wouldnt like to do a foundation year so i will decline the offer. I wanted to ask if i wanted to do a Maths degree and my grades i achieved next year were A*AC with a D* in Btec IT , would i be accepted as the entry requirements are ABB? & does Uni of Liverpool accept Btec?

The admissions team would be happy to consider your application, providing you are studying Maths A Level at a grade A. Please note, that your application would be referred over to an admissions tutor so it would be up to them to decide whether they could offer you a place.

The foundation year would allow you to lead on to direct entry to one of our Mathematics programme after completion. You can find more information on: Mathematical Sciences with a Foundation Year.Best wishes, Sophie
Original post by Harrybenthomas
Hello,

I am trying to accept my accommodation offer but the continue your application option won't load at all even though I have tried it on several devices and different browsers. Is the website down or should I call instead?

Hi,

Yesterday there were a lot of people accessing Liverpool Life, which caused it to crash. If the problem persists, I would recommend giving the Accommodation Office a call on 0151 795 0319.

Best wishes

Sophie
Original post by IMPR1198
Will there be a way for me to know who my flat mates will be before moving into halls without a Facebook account? (I don't have one)

You could try our Accommodation thread on TSR. :smile:

Best wishes, Sophie
Original post by University of Liverpool
The admissions team would be happy to consider your application, providing you are studying Maths A Level at a grade A. Please note, that your application would be referred over to an admissions tutor so it would be up to them to decide whether they could offer you a place.

The foundation year would allow you to lead on to direct entry to one of our Mathematics programme after completion. You can find more information on: Mathematical Sciences with a Foundation Year.Best wishes, Sophie

I would have accepted the foundation year offer tbh, however the only reason im rejecting is i think i can achieve much better grades & it'll better for my future. I was 2 ums marks off an A* in maths so ill achieve that next year hopefully & Liverpool will accept me :biggrin: Thanks anyways:smile: & are they harsh?
Reply 189
When will the first accommodation rent payment be taken? I don't remember an option to specify how it'd be paid either.
Original post by JCal
When will the first accommodation rent payment be taken? I don't remember an option to specify how it'd be paid either.

Hi

Details about paying your accommodation fees can be found on our accommodation webpages.

Hope this helps. :smile:

Sophie
How do you register a pin for liverpool life
Reply 192
On UCAS it says "Subject to you meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions* you’ll begin the course on 1 September 0016 with a point of entry 1." but on the university website it says the courses will start on 19th September. I'm very confused. Does it mean that i have to check-in at the uni on 1 September?
Original post by Jlakha349
How do you register a pin for liverpool life

Hi

Information about registering your computing account can be found on: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/welcome/getting-ready/

If you have any issues logging on to Liverpool Life, please contact Student Administration: 0151 794 6759.

Best wishes

Sophie
Original post by Konjic
On UCAS it says "Subject to you meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions* you’ll begin the course on 1 September 0016 with a point of entry 1." but on the university website it says the courses will start on 19th September. I'm very confused. Does it mean that i have to check-in at the uni on 1 September?

Hi

Welcome Week begins on Monday 19 September- most students usually arrive the weekend before. Your academic course will then begin a week later, on Monday 26 September. :smile:

Best wishes

Sophie
Hi guys,

I have got the offer to do a PhD in UOL, however the start date is 1st Nov, so I am currently searching for private student accommodation which offers ensuite rooms with flexible contract start date. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks.
Hi, could you please tell me when the welcome week timetable will be released?
On the welcome week tab on Liverpool Life it says it would be released on the 31st but it isn't up yet.
Thanks.
Hi, I have just started going though completing my Liverpool life checklist. However I've came to a problem when uploading my student picture. The picture is the correct format (.jpeg) but for some reason doesn't show up correctly and states the error "Image not available".

Is this just an error on your end or have I not done this correctly?

- Callum.
Hi
How many applicants/offers/places are given for accounting at Liverpool?
Original post by Callum1708
Hi, I have just started going though completing my Liverpool life checklist. However I've came to a problem when uploading my student picture. The picture is the correct format (.jpeg) but for some reason doesn't show up correctly and states the error "Image not available".

Is this just an error on your end or have I not done this correctly?

- Callum.

Hi Callum

Please contact the Liverpool Life Team about this and they can advise: [email protected]

Hope this helps. :smile:

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending