The Student Room Group

Arggghhhh!! :(

Does the peaceful rise of China threaten global stability?

That's the IB politcs essay question that i need to answer and i don't even know where to starrtt! Does anyone have any starting points or anything that can help the ball rolling?

pleaaasse!
Reply 1
From a political sense you could say yes because China's politics are still sketchy and not widely supported (i.e. their censorship laws etc).

However you could say no because via Marx's views, China's political standpoint (being communist) is much better for society than say America's capitalist society.

Just a few thoughts that spring to mind.. and I dont even do politics :p:

EDIT: Post count = 666 :eek:
why is this in the IB sub? put it in politics. you could question whether china is being peacceful, the vetos it always pulls out to stop anything going up against nuclear powers is quite unpeacefull. its disgusting behaviour towards taiwan and other 'colonies' yes it is a threat to global stability because of this and because it uses its right to veto liberally to stop stuff going through.
Reply 3
she put it in both.
you checked...and she broke rules...tut...tut
Reply 5
She didnt break any rules

TSR Rules
Use the right subforum
Please ensure you post threads in the correct subforum. If you are unsure, post in the subforum you think most fitting. Using the correct subforum makes navigating and using TSR easier for everyone. Each subforum has a few extra guidelines which are outlined below.

Now its about politics so therefore can go in the politics forum and its help for one of her IB subjects therefore can go in the IB sub forum.

Plus I didnt check, it just came up in the "New Posts" list when I was browsing it :p:
Reply 6
i broke a rule??:eek: what rule?

woops...i shall never do it again! :redface: i promise! :p: :biggrin:

EDIT: Thank you! you tell him danglenister :tongue:
Reply 7
andy_cole2
why is this in the IB sub? put it in politics. you could question whether china is being peacceful, the vetos it always pulls out to stop anything going up against nuclear powers is quite unpeacefull. its disgusting behaviour towards taiwan and other 'colonies' yes it is a threat to global stability because of this and because it uses its right to veto liberally to stop stuff going through.

What happened to Taiwan?:confused:
taiwan hong kong oh and japan, the chinese government put pressure on everyone. look up the legacy of koizumi i think thats his name the PM who just stepped down, he used to visit a war grave that made the chinese go nuts each year, just look at japanese chinese tension, the stockpiling of weapons etc

Latest

Trending

Trending