The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Propaganda happens everywhere and on any topic.

I recently sat through a fairly eye-opening lecture about how the media and governments define the way we think. For example he looked at how inaccurate a textbook definition of a tropical rainforest was - quite interesting.
propaganda is good, but for some bizarre reason it isn't tocky enough for some teachesr. my presentation focussed on jap vs us propaganda concerning kamikaze pilots, but the only marks i got were for the minute or so at the end i spent looking at the special words they like to hear like rationalist and cultural relativist.
Reply 3
danglenister
Propaganda happens everywhere and on any topic.

I recently sat through a fairly eye-opening lecture about how the media and governments define the way we think. For example he looked at how inaccurate a textbook definition of a tropical rainforest was - quite interesting.

i had to try my very hardest not to fall asleep for the last 30 mins of that! :rolleyes: :p:

and yes..about propaganda..its quite frightening how many of us are actually influenced by it!
Reply 4
I did fall asleep at one point... still remember the start of it :p:

Thats why I didnt comment on the global warming vs. climate change argument as I wasnt awake at that stage :wink:
Reply 5
my friend next to me was the one to ask the thrid question...so that kinda woke me up! that..and i also realised the-teacher-who-must-not-be-named had been glaring at me for at least half an hour! :redface:
the talk was ok, the guy was talking crap for a lot of it, but its the thought that counts :p:
Reply 7
propaganda isnt necessarily a bad thing....
but of course false propaganda always exists, such as the reasons behind the invasion of Iraq, as mentioned above, n the motives behind invading Afghanistan...the whole 'war on terror' was glorified due to propaganda, and unfortunately a large number of poor souls were highly influenced by it. Some were influenced to the degree that they felt they cud rape muslim girls for acts they didnt commit, or pull off their headscarfs, or even shout foul words as Muslim children crossed the school crossing, or from a different perspective shout to a Jewish man that they wished Hitler had wiped out all of em wen he had the chance...

propaganda is good, but it dsnt work wen it begins to turn person against person, and these r ppl who dnt even no each other, simply judging one another based on religion n physical appearance
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought that you were talking about the propoganda campaign employed by certain schools to encourage (force) their kids to sell their souls to the IB.....

Latest

Trending

Trending