The Student Room Group

I'm losing my mind

I recently started learning igcse (I used to do the 844 Kenyan system) and it's been tough I've tried studying but when I look at past papers I can barely answer anything. I'm losing my mind why advice can you guys give me
Original post by Yusra.
I recently started learning igcse (I used to do the 844 Kenyan system) and it's been tough I've tried studying but when I look at past papers I can barely answer anything. I'm losing my mind why advice can you guys give me

How are you learning the content and how have you been revising? It is all well and good doing past papers but if you don't know the content they aren't going to be all that useful other than telling you that you don't know the content.
Reply 2
For example, in biology I understand most of the content, I've read through half the course book but still, I can barely understand questions in the practical/theory section, and I've heard a rumor that doing exams in October/November is much better than in May/June is it true or just pure propaganda.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Yusra.
For example, in biology I understand most of the content, I've read through half the course book but still, I can barely understand questions in the practical/theory section, and one more questions I've heard a rumor that doing exams in October/November is much better than in May/June is it true or just pure propaganda.

Reading through the course book is too passive. You need to be using active recall such as through using flashcards because that is what helps you remember content. A revision guide may be helpful in breaking down concepts such as the CGP revision guide. As for the second part of your question the GCSE papers are likely to be quite similar in difficulty because they are the same level of qualification, so are testing the same skills.

Quick Reply

Latest