The Student Room Group

What do you know about Belgium ?

Hi Guys !

I m a Belgian student and i m interessted to know what English people know about Belgium ! :biggrin:
I'm not English or from England or whatever but you guys have the best waffles :biggrin: AND one of the best racetracks in the world imo (Spa)

Posted from TSR Mobile
that little boy peeing.
I lived in Belgium for almost five years so I'd like to think I know a bit about it.
Reply 4
Original post by GnomeMage
that little boy peeing.

Haha yes ! Don't forget that there is also a girl : Jeanneke Pis :biggrin:
Not that much. Enough I suppose. I have been once. Hate to be stereotypical but the chocolate was good and I'm not a massive chocolate fan :smile:
Reply 6
Something about Flemish and Herman whatever-his-name is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Are belgian ppl similar to french ppl? I always wondered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Remember this
Reply 9
Original post by HucktheForde
Are belgian ppl similar to french ppl? I always wondered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Southern part of Belgium is French and should be reunited to France. :cool:
My aunt and uncle live in Brussels so I visit quite often. My favourite city has to be Antwerp though, the waterfront is absolutely stunning. Something that has always struck me about the country is how segregated it is. The French and Flemish seem to live completely separate lives, except in the capital. It was actually a real struggle to find a bilingual school for my cousin, even in Brussels.
(edited 9 years ago)
The battle of Waterloo wasn't fought at Waterloo. :cool:

Also home of the world's most beautiful cycle race [video]https://youtu.be/z6z7uUe0tVA[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
That **** gets done in Brussels
Belgium is to Holland what Canada is to the States, very similar but pretty much waaaaaay better :P
Reply 14
Original post by Josb
The Southern part of Belgium is French and should be reunited to France. :cool:

What are you saying ? No god !!!

We are similar to France because we speak French. But a lot of Belgian don't want to be reunited to France. In fact, maybe that i don't speak for all the belgian people but there is always a sort of cometition between France and Belgium and a lot of stereotypes. French people think that all we can do are drinking beer and that we all are some kind of farmer and Belgian people think that french are soooo boastful. So we all agree on the fact that we don't want to be a part of the France.
They had an evil King Leopold II who killed over 10 million Africans
Abbey and Trappist beers :sogood:

Also, waffles, chocolate, Speculoos, the ethnic divide and Jan Vertonghen.

I've been once. De Haan in the early 90s.
Reply 17
Original post by mariel94
What are you saying ? No god !!!

We are similar to France because we speak French. But a lot of Belgian don't want to be reunited to France. In fact, maybe that i don't speak for all the belgian people but there is always a sort of cometition between France and Belgium and a lot of stereotypes. French people think that all we can do are drinking beer and that we all are some kind of farmer and Belgian people think that french are soooo boastful. So we all agree on the fact that we don't want to be a part of the France.

I met Belgians who think the contrary, but it seems that the French like the idea more than the Belgians.
Trappiste beers, great road cycling and cyclocross racing and chips with mayonnaise. What more could you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Belgium chocolate is awesome. Also that if someone falsely claims to be a master chocolatier they can be jailed under law..

Quick Reply

Latest