The Student Room Group

Really worried about Boyfriends sickness

So for the first time last week I slept in the same bed as my boyfriend. Of course I think he's the one, all that jazz. He's wonderful.

In the middle of the night he woke up having a full on panic attack, although I didn't realise at the time because I was half asleep. He locked himself in the bathroom for 45 mins crying, he said he was fine but needed to sort himself out. Although I heard him be sick at least three times and he talking to himself about how "they can't hurt me now"

We was watching TV once, this was a few months ago, and a similar situation occurred. I asked him what was the issue and he was very distraught and I couldn't make out what he was saying but it was something about how someone on the TV was speaking French? I thought this was odd.

On a separate instance, when we thought about going on holiday together, I - hating warm weather - suggested Belgium, but again similar thing to above happened. Again he was sick and said he couldn't face going to a country where they speak French.

He has had similar reactions to seeing french foods in shops (I didn't make this connection at first, but he always gets me to get anything from isles where there are potentially risky foods) I have no idea how he managed before this.

I can't seem to bring it up with him without him seemingly go into a shocked state where he starts shaking. I have asked his friends who I get along with about it but when I asked they just blanked me. Looked at me, but just moved the conversation on.

What on earth do I do, do I even need to get to the bottom of this? I just am worried about what if this happens when I'm not there.

There are no issues apart from this, he is smart, goes to gym every day, has many businesses. His life is well structured for someone 18.
Reply 1
He needs to see his GP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending