The Student Room Group

Revising for AS Levels?

Heya guys, I've got my exams coming up pretty soon (chemistry, biology, maths and German) and I was wondering if any of you have some really good exam techniques that have helped you?

Currently I make notes (on flashcards) and sometimes do past papers but I just dont seem to be progressing :frown:

Also, for maths is it important to repeat papers after you've already done them once?

If anyone has any really good revision tips please share!
Look at examiner reports so you know what they expect from students.
Hello!

I do Chemistry and Maths too!
My teachers advised me to read through my notes, check for gaps (fill them if there is) and read through the spec to make sure you have everything, then do a past paper and mark it.
Any questions you got wrong look it up and make notes/ a flashcard on it and revise it, then the next day or couple of days do another paper and repeat the process again :smile:
They also advised me that you do the past papers twice (and do all of them) and highlight key information in the mark scheme and also print off examiners reports because they show you where students went wrong.

I have found this is helping me already :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Farah_786
Look at examiner reports so you know what they expect from students.

This. Extremely helpful I realised this halfway through this year. You see what generally the population lacks in and you can brush up on that.

Also, try and do as many past papers as possible. Track your performance over each paper on an Excel spreadsheet to see what your weaker areas are across the board.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest