The Student Room Group

Is it ok to revise in the dark

I am revising for my A levels but today I was revising in the dark with just my computer on and my backlit keyboard and mouse. Is this a good idea or is it better to use light?
Original post by Rohan007best
I am revising for my A levels but today I was revising in the dark with just my computer on and my backlit keyboard and mouse. Is this a good idea or is it better to use light?

i don't understand?
Reply 2
Revising in the dark can cause eye strain. I'd say it's better to revise with bright light because a dark place can make one feel sleepy, or at least make your brain think it's nighttime therefore it's time to sleep which could affect your concentration.

Some people like revising in the dark or with dim light because it makes them feel cosy or they just like the aesthetic. To each their own. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Hope revision goes well.

what a levels are u taking?
Reply 4
Original post by propergoodman
what a levels are u taking?

im resitting biology and chemistry
Reply 5
im resitting biology and chemistry

where are you up to rev now :smile:
Reply 6

Heya!
It's great that you're dedicated to your A-level revision, but studying in the dark with just your backlit keyboard and mouse can put a strain on your eyes and make it harder to focus, so please be careful! It's best to revise in a well-lit environment that will help you stay alert and comfortable. You might want to consider using a desk lamp or overhead lighting to provide enough illumination to read your notes and textbooks. Remember, taking care of your eyes is crucial during long periods of revision!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest