The Student Room Group

Switching Student Bank Accounts

Hi,

I am a fourth year student and I currently have a student bank account with Santander with an overdraft limit increasing to £2000 next year. I wanted to switch to either HSBC or Halifax because their overdraft limit is £3000, and I was wondering if anybody else has done this in the past? Would I be immediately eligible for the full £3000 overdraft? If not there would be no point in me switching because I only have one year left of my degree.

Thanks for your help.
Original post by tashahobo
Hi,

I am a fourth year student and I currently have a student bank account with Santander with an overdraft limit increasing to £2000 next year. I wanted to switch to either HSBC or Halifax because their overdraft limit is £3000, and I was wondering if anybody else has done this in the past? Would I be immediately eligible for the full £3000 overdraft? If not there would be no point in me switching because I only have one year left of my degree.

Thanks for your help.

The limits at HSBC and Halifax arent guaranted, and tbh most people seem to get around half that, if they can even get that, according to MSE

Id stick with Santander as it's a guaranteed OD.

As youre in your fourth year, you might get more, than the £500 or £1000 or whatever they start you off on, but it's not a guaranteed one. Santander or Co Op are your best ones for OD's tbh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending