The Student Room Group

Cifas cat 6

Hey guys I have Cifas cat 6 and am planning to apply for tier 2 visa.Long story short got scammed within a few months when I moved to the country in Feb 2019 and have been using online banking since for transactions.Does anyone know if it will effect my visa extension?
Original post by Intstudent093
Hey guys I have Cifas cat 6 and am planning to apply for tier 2 visa.Long story short got scammed within a few months when I moved to the country in Feb 2019 and have been using online banking since for transactions.Does anyone know if it will effect my visa extension?

When you say "apply for tier 2 visa", I assume you mean Skilled Worker visa? This recently replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa. Or have I misunderstood what type of visa you're referring to?

The presence of the Cifas marker itself will not impact the visa application. The Cifas marker is not recorded in the PNC (Police National Computer) database, nor does its presence form part of DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) search.

Given that a type 6 Cifas marker refers to "First Party Fraud", it's possible that a criminal prosecution took place. Did it? If so, then that could affect the visa application. Otherwise, you're fine.
Reply 2
No criminal prosecution has taken place and I applied for tier 4 visa in 2021 as well and I got it so I just wanted to confirm will it effect my skilled worker visa or not?
Thanks for the reply
No criminal prosecution has taken place and I applied for tier 4 visa in 2021 as well and I got it so I just wanted to confirm will it effect my skilled worker visa or not?
Thanks for the reply

It will not.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
It will not.

Thanks for the reply
Much appreciated 😊
Reply 5
Thanks for the reply
Much appreciated 😊

Can i ask which bank are you using since then because am in the same shoe as you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending