The Student Room Group

CIFAS

I have a CIFAS marker that won’t be removed for a few more years. My bank is now merging with another bank later this year and I’m concerned that the switch will result in the closer of my original account and a new one won’t be opened.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by JE2003
I have a CIFAS marker that won’t be removed for a few more years. My bank is now merging with another bank later this year and I’m concerned that the switch will result in the closer of my original account and a new one won’t be opened.

Yup. That could happen.
I agree, it’s a possibility.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
Yup. That could happen.
Are there any bank accounts I could switch to before, just to be safe?
Original post by JE2003
Are there any bank accounts I could switch to before, just to be safe?

Not that I'm aware of. If you search for "CIFAS" here on TSR, you'll find people recommending banks which accept those with CIFAS markers. However, you'll also find people saying they tried those same banks and were turned away.
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
Not that I'm aware of. If you search for "CIFAS" here on TSR, you'll find people recommending banks which accept those with CIFAS markers. However, you'll also find people saying they tried those same banks and were turned away.

would I be able to open a Monzo account?
Original post by JE2003

I don't know. Does it do any harm to try?
Original post by JE2003

Probably not, for a long time Monzo were a Cifas member for ID purposes only but in recent years I suspect they moved to full membership like most of the online 'banks'
Reply 8
Original post by JE2003

Here's who you can't open an account with, and that includes Monzo:

https://www.cifas.org.uk/services/national-fraud-database/national-fraud-database-members
Monzo used to be the go-to, but lots of posts more recently from people who have been declined by them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending