My structure is:

Definition

Advantage 1 linked to case study then explain and impact
Advantage 2 linked to case study then explain and impact

Disadvantage 1 linked to case study then explain and impact
Disadvantage 2 linked to case study then explain and impact

Conclusion
Original post by Rebecca18234
When a person is not employed on a certain basis, they're asked to work only when they're needed. Very demotivating but cheap :smile:

ahh, thanks
I agree, i also think market share/growth, protecting business ideas, location, Mass/Niche markets and Opportunity cost will come up just after looking at past papers and stuff :smile:

What do you mean by location? :eek:
Does anyone have any tips for Evaluation paragraphs :confused:
Original post by 583alevels4858
What do you mean by location? :eek:

Typically deciding which location would be better A or B, mentioning qualitative and quantitative factors :smile:
Can someone go through location??
can someone tell me structure of every question please? and how to get good application, analysis and evaluation?
so what are people confident on what is coming up in the business unit 1 paper?
Original post by 583alevels4858
Can someone go through location??

Okay.. Things to consider

Fixed costs - land and buildings, utilities, government grants available
Variable costs - Transport costs, local wage levels, bulk increasing or reducing activity.

Think about the type of business - manufacturing business, near suppliers and raw materials. Service sector business (hairdresser) near customers.

Consider factors such as the cost of the location and what would be a good location for the business to work. Look at January 2013 past paper question 2(b) thats a locaton question. :smile:
Okay.. Things to consider

Fixed costs - land and buildings, utilities, government grants available
Variable costs - Transport costs, local wage levels, bulk increasing or reducing activity.

Think about the type of business - manufacturing business, near suppliers and raw materials. Service sector business (hairdresser) near customers.

Consider factors such as the cost of the location and what would be a good location for the business to work. Look at January 2013 past paper question 2(b) thats a locaton question. :smile:

Thanks so much!!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
i think business plan will come up, market share/growth, potenially why people want to beomce entpreuenurs and maybe i little bit on non-profit organsiations?
Original post by ellysykes
i think business plan will come up, market share/growth, potenially why people want to beomce entpreuenurs and maybe i little bit on non-profit organsiations?

thanks xxx
Original post by GeorgiaHanson
Total revenue: Price x number of products sold
Profit: Total revenue - total costs OR Total contribution - fixed costs
Breakeven: Fixed costs ÷ contribution per unit
Contribution per unit: Selling price per unit - variable costs per unit
Total contribution: Total revenue - total variable costs
Total costs: Fixed costs + variable costs
Variable costs: Variable costs per unit x number sold
Margin of safety: Current output - breakeven output
Market growth: Change in market size ÷ original market size x 100
Market share: Total sales of one product/business ÷ total sales in market x 100
Market size: Total sales of all products made by all firms in a market

I think this is it :smile:

Thanks! Also I think this might be useful for cash flow forecasts

Net Cash Flow: Cash inflows - cash otuflows
Closing Balance: Opening Balance + Net Cash Flow
^ Opening balance will be last months closing balance
Also anyone looking for Evaluation help

The last two questions require the skill of evaluation. In a 15 mark question, this skill carries 5 marks so
getting this right can have a huge impact on your grade. Evaluation is marked based on the 2 J's:a. Judgement Make a firm conclusion on the overall question. Use words from the question to help give this focus. For
example 'do you agree with x that the business will meet its objectives?' should be tackled with a firm 'overall I agree' or 'overall I disagree'b. Justification You must then explain why you have made that judgement. What evidence is there to back up your point of view?
What do you think your points will lead to? Why is it likely in this specific business? Which factors are of the greatest significance for this business?
Original post by lucasmillar12

The last two questions require the skill of evaluation. In a 15 mark question, this skill carries 5 marks so
getting this right can have a huge impact on your grade. Evaluation is marked based on the 2 J's:a. Judgement Make a firm conclusion on the overall question. Use words from the question to help give this focus. For
example 'do you agree with x that the business will meet its objectives?' should be tackled with a firm 'overall I agree' or 'overall I disagree'b. Justification You must then explain why you have made that judgement. What evidence is there to back up your point of view?
What do you think your points will lead to? Why is it likely in this specific business? Which factors are of the greatest significance for this business?

ahhhh this is so helpful! thanks you so much
Not sure about entrepreneurs because people typically get nearly 100% on it so its proved pointless in the past :/ and not for profit is dreadful so i hope not :frown:
Original post by lucasmillar12

Thank you :smile: :smile: :smile:
What calculations do you suggest working out at the start so I can apply them in my long mark questions at the end?
Also what do people use to evaluate the case study when reading through it SWOT or others?
Original post by merrr_
Hi, please help...if a question states for example 'what benefits to Kate's business are there for having a consultant?' (9 marks), how many benefits would I state and how would I word them?

I would state 2 or 3 benefits since this is a 9 marker. Just make sure you word it well and go in depth with the analysis of what you're saying.
:biggrin:
Original post by wignall21
What calculations do you suggest working out at the start so I can apply them in my long mark questions at the end?
Also what do people use to evaluate the case study when reading through it SWOT or others?

At the start, I just consider all financial information given and then consider the question in how to manipulate them in my plan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending