The Student Room Group

How much is an average week's shop?

Hi,

So recently. I was comparing prices for halls, and deciding on which hall would be best. In the end, I chose the cheapest halls, deciding that they aren't really "crap", and that being extra-close to the local ASDA doesn't justify nearly £8/week extra rent!

So i did some number crunching, I compared my 4 options which i liked the most, and worked out that by choosing the cheapest hall rather than the most expensive, I will save £35.12 pcm! I just really want to know how much weeks worth of groceries this will get me.
Reply 1
Original post by cbartlett
I just really want to know how much weeks worth of groceries this will get me.

Depends what you buy ofc. It's possible to live off of 50p pasta all week.. equally I've seen people spend £200 a week on food.
Reply 2
I'm thinking around £50 a week for food?
I spend about £40 on a weekly shop for two, so £35 for one person should be plenty. :smile:
Reply 4
My bf and I spend £60/70 per week on groceries. Sometimes more sometimes less. This is just buying pretty much what ever we want when we shop and not worrying about the cost... (until we get to the checkout!)
Difficult to answer. I live near Aldi and Lidl; so shop there a lot. I don't think I've spent over £20 a week so far.
We live near a lidl and have never spent more than £40 for two of us , so its a good possibility that saving would feed you at least a week/close to two:smile: Good decision picking the cheapest halls:smile:
I've managed to do £25pw for two people. You're in control of something like this.
For me about £40 a week :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending