The Student Room Group

Balancing Sixth form, a job, and life

On an average week i work 14 hours, plus i’m at college 5 days a week. I have guitar lessons and practice i have to do and going to the gym. My guitar lessons are important because of my a-levels. and going to the gym everyday isn’t something i’m willing to change.
if i could drop out and work full time i would. I can’t afford to quit my job, and i don’t have enough time to revise or do homework, and am often in trouble for not completing tasks. when it comes to revision, i feel like i know very little, and never know what to prioritise because i’m told that every little thing is “something to work on”

my college states we have to do 4 hours of independent study per subject per week (excluding set homework tasks) and i don’t think i’d ever have enough time in a week to do that
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by iamveryconfused
On an average week i work 14 hours, plus i’m at college 5 days a week. I have guitar lessons and practice i have to do and going to the gym. My guitar lessons are important because of my a-levels. and going to the gym everyday isn’t something i’m willing to change.
if i could drop out and work full time i would. I can’t afford to quit my job, and i don’t have enough time to revise or do homework, and am often in trouble for not completing tasks. when it comes to revision, i feel like i know very little, and never know what to prioritise because i’m told that every little thing is “something to work on”

my college states we have to do 4 hours of independent study per subject per week (excluding set homework tasks) and i don’t think i’d ever have enough time in a week to do that

What are your hours for sixthform per day and could u like show per day how many hours spent on your tasks as in school + gym or school+ guitar lesson or however it’s structured.
Original post by Zexade-18
What are your hours for sixthform per day and could u like show per day how many hours spent on your tasks as in school gym or school guitar lesson or however it’s structured.

Monday: 10:30 - 2:30
Tuesday: 9:00-4:00 (free period 10:30-11:45)
Wednesday: 10:30-4:00 (free period 1:30-2:45)
Thursday: 9:00-2:30 (free period used for guitar lesson, and work 3:00-10:00pm)
Friday: 9:00-4:00 (free period 1:30-2:45)
Saturday: 3:00-10:00 work
Sunday: housework, shopping and chores and catch up where i can.

guitar practice at home i aim for 30-60min per day, and go to the gym 6 days a week usually takes around 90 minutes out of my day, usually after college, or before work on a saturday (thursday is my rest day)

i usually get up around 6-6:30 on a weekday, and 8:00 on weekends otherwise i’m exhausted from work. and usually go to bed around 11:30pm
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending