The Student Room Group

What's global shift? Edexcel AS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnieGracie
Yea I'm using it this year, its so much quicker to just go over things :smile: My teacher actually recommended it, a lot of my class got As by using it last year

Ive been using the CGP book and so many people last year got A's. I didn't do this technique last year and only achieved a D as a grade:frown: Anyway I still have to go over megacities, rural-urban migration, changes in uk population, consequences of globalisation and global winners + losers. (taken from CGP booklet topics)

How far have you guys revised? :smile:
Same, I had the book last year but mainly relied on my notes and got a C. I'm literally at the same point as you, I'm going to go through a load of past papers this weekend and read mark schemes :smile: I chose the topic development gap in unit 3 so i think that will really help me with globalisation and migration :smile:
Reply 22
Does anyone know, for the fieldwork questions, if we will always get the choice of either writing about an urban or rural area? :smile:
Reply 23
No you won't. I done this paper once and it was ridiculous as it asked for fieldwork only. But the majority of the time you will
Reply 24
Original post by elmo245
No you won't. I done this paper once and it was ridiculous as it asked for fieldwork only. But the majority of the time you will

oh damn... what year was that????
Its the worst exam, so annoying! I'd learn both thoroughly just in case though
Reply 26
im so worried!! Doesn't help I have a crap teacher either!!:frown: Ive revised one rural area (the Eden project) and one urban area (New Islington estate) in detail for my fieldwork/research questions, do you reckon that will be enough?
I would have thought that would be okay in detail tbh. It may be helpful if you have little facts about other areas up your sleeve just incase. Basically you wanna do as well as you can in unit 1 as unit 2 screws everyone over usually
Reply 28
yeah I've got that too! Yeah I've heard sooooo many people say that! I just don't understand the point of the exam, you make up half the fieldwork results anyway! I've just come to accept the fact that I'm going to fail haha
haha we all think that as well! hows your unit 1?
Reply 30
hmm its better than unit 2 definitely but I'm still a lil bit worried! I've just got to go over it all again before Tuesday! Hopefully I will do okay in unit 1 so then i only have to retake unit 2 next year!
Tell me about it, I'm resiting unit 1. I got a C in both last year and need higher for uni. Unit 2 is definitely harder to resit cus unit 3 and unit 1 are kind of related and unit 2 is completely different
Reply 32
Tell me about it, I'm resiting unit 1. I got a C in both last year and need higher for uni. Unit 2 is definitely harder to resit cus unit 3 and unit 1 are kind of related and unit 2 is completely different

that must be so annoying :frown: what's in unit 3?? I think the edexcel exam board for geography is so crap, i don't know about the others but I hate the board!
Yea it really is, Ive literally crammed the whole unit 1 spec in about 3 weeks haha :smile: 6 different topics: Biodiversity, energy, superpowers, water conflicts, technological fix and developing gap. Out of the 6 you choose 2 topics and do a 10 mark and 15 mark question on each. The second half of unit 3 is a prerelease and you have to write 3 essays from that :smile: I hate edexcel as well, its definitely the exam board that tries to trip you up
Had a mock last week got a C. How much do I have to cram for Tuesday baring in mind I have four more exams next week, each consecutive day after Tuesday?

Edit: (One mark of B, not that it makes any difference.)
Edit2: Good luck to everyone! I have the CGP book that has both AQA and Edexcel and oh boy, I'm sure glad we aren't doing AQA, your stuff is ten times more difficult.
(edited 8 years ago)
I wouldn't stress out too much, a C is a good point to be at. I wouldn't cram too much maybe just make sure you know your cases and reread over it all and you should be fine :smile: also try not to panic in the exam a lot of people do :smile: Im revising from the CJP book as well, it is very good! Good luck for Tuesday!
Thanks Annie, apologies for going off-topic. What other A-levels are you doing and what are you hopeful for in terms of university?
Im doing law, geography and English combined. I also did General studies and single maths last year. I am hoping for ABB for uni, i am also doing an English resit to boost my grade :smile:
Im doing law, geography and English combined. I also did General studies and single maths last year. I am hoping for ABB for uni, i am also doing an English resit to boost my grade :smile:

Oh wow, If you're going for an ABB then I don't know whether I shouldn't just capitulate the dream of going KCL. Where to and what for?
You shouldn't give up on it! I got BCCCD last year and i need to boost all my grades up so i have a tough run. Im going for Law at Greenwich :smile: What subjects are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending